FUEL: REFUELED is an enhancement modification for the game FUEL, which brings multiple bug-fixes, improvements and the addition of various new content.

Forum Thread
FUEL: REFUELED V15.4 [BETA5] (Games : FUEL : Mods : FUEL: REFUELED : Forum : V15.4 / V15.5 Feedback : FUEL: REFUELED V15.4 [BETA5]) Post Reply
Thread Options
Vetron
Vetron FUEL: REFUELED Developer
Dec 21 2010 Anchor

I've decided the V15.4 [BETA5] release to be another follow-up release to V15.2/V15.3 as I still have some changes I want to make to the back-end file structure, plus I need to finish the 'standard theme' user interface and conversion of the FUEL challenges to the FUEL: REFUELED setup.

So here is a brief outline of what to expect in the next update... I'll be updating and changing this post when needed. This release will appear in January at some-point, with no definitive release date as of yet.

Complete User Interface with new Standard Theme
The user interface needs finishing, with the standard theme applied - this will open-up the files to allow other themes to be installed.

Complete Challenge Conversion
In V15.3 I managed to convert 60 or so of the challenges to the new setup... but there is still 2 thirds that need doing. This is a priority as it leaves a significant portion of the game/mod unplayable.

Online Compatibility Mode
An option to allow you to be compatible with stock-game users in online free roam will be included. While this is enabled, offline FUEL: REFUELED races will not work correctly, so only use this for online free roam events such as those hosted by TFROC.

Mod File Structure
I want to reduce the core options required for the installation of the mod to just one installation. Leaving all other options entirely optional, ensuring the mod will run without them. To do this the core files will be copied to the "FUEL_REFUELED" folder and then the core installation via mod manager then referencing all of those files. This will let user just pick the optional stuff he or she wants, and the standard package featuring what I would deem the standard FUEL: REFUELED setup.

A few other changes I want to look into is to open up the parameter files, notably vehicles, so that each vehicle has a separate parameter file - more convenient for modding. Ideally i would like to divide each set even further with a file for each types of commands - e.g. handling, cameras, damage etc.
This will make it easier for the following updates that will focus on both cameras and damage setups etc.

Notes on BETA6 /BETA7
Vehicle Cameras and Vehicle Damage are two very time consuming updates, they will continue as planned - with the first in late january / february some time. I want to slip this update in first as it will greatly improve the stability of the mod and support for future updates.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Update (22/12/2010):

The file structure now works like this:

• The mod files are all copied to FUEL_REFUELED.
  • The mod manager has an option to enable FUEL: REFUELED. What this does is alter the user.tsc file to point to a file in FUEL_REFUELED called index.java.
  • This index references most of the files.
  • Because the core files are not installed directly via mod manager and instead just their references activated, many customization options are now available. The way it will work is that the standard mod is installed... i.e. standard theme, standard setup... how I'd deem it all to look and work etc. Then the user can pick a huge array of customization options via the mod manager to tweak the installation to how they want.
  • This replaces the current setup, where files are installed via mod manager with all this "A, B.1, B.2, C.1, C.2, C.3... " installation excess.

Edited by: Vetron

Dec 21 2010 Anchor

Hey, just downloaded the mod now and tested it.
I noticed in Menu, there is some missing text? Maybe its because i am on a german game version. ;/

Here are some screens:

User Posted Image

User Posted Image

Vetron
Dec 21 2010 Anchor

Yes the missing text is simply due to running the german game version... I'm not fluent enough to translate.

Would you be willing to help translate the necessary text strings to german so that the mod can be german compatible? I've started a french version... I'd happily work on a german version too if the necessary stuff can be translated.

Thread created here: Moddb.com
I'll update with all the required to be translated strings when I get chance.

Jan 6 2011 Anchor

Hey it's me again!

I'm not sure if this was mentioned or if I'm in the proper sub-forum but, I'm having two issues with the mod. First thing is the AI, it bugs me out that vehicles which are worse or similar to mine are much faster than me. They accelerate insanely fast, faster than my vehicle, which according to the stats should not be possible. It doesn't matter how far ahead I am, they always catch up with me, especially in street races. Secondly, the driving behaviour for some vehicles, namely cars, seems to black out sometimes at random occasions. Example, Z02: Career race "The Asphalt Medusa" I drove the "Muscle (B) [Road]: Wild Wolf" which goes approximately 200km/h on asphalt street, I drove in a straight line and couldn't get faster than 150km/h. After I restarted the race it was fine, but after a few kilometres it came again. Now, it gets really bad when those two problems appear simultaneously, it's becomes kind of impossible (at least for me) to finish the race in the difficulty "Legend".

Vetron
Jan 6 2011 Anchor

The AI is only controlled on a single value, which is a value of distance - a higher value will make the AI slower, but let them move far from the player without resorting to either insane 200+mph / 20 mph tactics :S - For career races this value is declared for each difficulty, and as you can imagine, getting this value right is a real pain as its not a global value, but rather a race specific parameter.

I'm working through races, but the best thing to do is list races that need fixing and I'll try and fix them next. Already i've given offshore shack a once over and seem to have improved the timings a bit, I'll look at a few others before next release, but I probably wont fix them all as it takes considerable time to do each one. Most of these problems are replicated in the stock game in certain races and it would be nice to find a proper fix for it.

Regarding the Wild Wolf, I'm aware of problems with the General Custer that originate from the stock game that give it similar problems. I'll do some tests and see what can be done... it may be a case of having to increase the grip or decrease ground resistance etc.

BTW if you (or anyone else) want to try improve the AI values for a race then all you have to do is open:
~\FUEL\MODS\FR V15.3 - [A.1] - Main\GameTsc\Story\hubinfos.tsc with any text editor such as notepad (I use notepad++), find the specific race (they are numbered and in order), and edit this line for each race "AddMissionTime "CR1-Yell-CP" 90 110 160 NONE". A higher number will make the AI slower, and a lower one will make them faster, the first value given is the hardest difficulty and thus should always receive the lowest value. Its really easy to make changes, but just very time consuming after having to do several play-throughs of a race and then restart the game each time changes are made.

In the next release I've opened up the career races so its possible for me to release patches on the forums. Instead of having to wait for full releases I can just post fixes for races as I make them.

Jan 6 2011 Anchor

Thanks for the answer I'll try it out. :thumbup:

Vetron
Jan 8 2011 Anchor

I've started a thread over in the development section for discussing improvements to the career mode, I've also posted some information on what I'm working on and changes I propose to make. I've decided there will be a career update included in V15.4. this may put the release of [BETA5] back by about a week or so, but I do intend to get this release hopefully out no later than around the 19th/20th of January.

Moddb.com

Update 22/01/2011:

Looks like I'm going to have to delay the release by a week or two - going over a few things again to improve things, will be great once its done! 8)
I'll try and get some updates and news up on the front page, but right now I'm putting all effort into getting this thing finished and released.

Mar 25 2011 Anchor

Finally 15.4, thx man!!!!!!!!! you are the best, vetron!!~~~.....

Vetron
Apr 9 2011 Anchor

Moved this thread to a new board for discussing V15.4 and V15.5 (which is in development).

May 14 2011 Anchor

Well, I finished a rather rushed first run through the career mode in FUEL and now I am starting again with REFUELED :)
Don't ask me why, but the plan is to drive everywhere, as in not use the heli pads and always go straight back to free roam at the end of an event.
I am allowing myself the luxury of restarting a race if I fail, and not having to drive back to the start, but that's it.

So far I am most of the way round Offshore Shack and have a little problem with challenge 8, Wild-Track.
Gates 4, 5 and 9 occasionally do not register me passing through them, normally when I am close to one side or the other, and normally when I am leading -_-
Maybe I should replace it with Woodland Trail?

Also, is it possible to explain more about how REFUELED works? Do these java files get run in the console?
I'm interested in tweaking the vehicle parameters but I want to get a better understanding of what's going on.

Loving it so far :thumbup:

-- Just to add, I am using V15_4 patch 1 and 2

Sep 26 2011 Anchor

hi !

first a big thanks for your work ;) it's a very good idea !

but i've a problem with the 15.4 release, with the patch 3. when i run the game i've to delete all the compiled shaders in users\name\appdata\fuel\cache\ to run the game properly (it crash if i don't), and the link in the issues topic is dead ! so do you know if i've to remove all the shaders or only one, because it's very very slow to compile all them !

edit: i'm using windows 7 64bits

edit 2: problem solved by disabling vsync in the nvidia panel control :) enjoy !!!

ps: sorry for my english, there's certainly some mistakes !

Edited by: bigeyes

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.