Download for R2 of FUEL: REFUELED, the enhancement modification for the game FUEL.
- Backup your saved-game file.
With any mod for any game, you should always make a backup of your saved-game file. To do this you should navigate to your Documents folder and open the “my games” folder. Here you will see a folder named “FUEL”, simply make a copy of it.
- Extract .Zip Contents to FUEL or FUEL Demo Directory.
You must locate your FUEL or FUEL Demo installation directory. To do this on Windows 8; find the shortcut to FUEL, right click it and select "Open File Location".
Alternatively on other versions of Windows; right click on the shortcut, select "Properties" and then click on the "Open File Location" button.
If you’re using the Steam version of the game you can locate your FUEL directory easily via the Steam client:
• Right click on your FUEL game entry within your game library.
• Click "Properties".
• Navigate to the "Local Files" tab and then click on the "Browse Local Files" button.
Next open the .Zip file you downloaded and extract the files to your FUEL or FUEL Demo directory. There are no separate versions of the mod for each version, so all files should be copied.
If Windows prompts you asking you whether you wish to overwrite any files then that likely means you have an older version of the REFUELED mod installed, you should deactivate and remove this first
- Open JSGME Mod Manager
Click on the JSGME.exe now copied to your FUEL or FUEL Demo directory. It will ask you to type a name for your mods folder, however you should leave it as the default "MODS".
- Activate "[C] - Patch #5" and "[E] - REFUELED 2013.1 [R2]"
In the JSGME mod manager window you will see a list of mods available to you. FUEL: REFUELED 2013.1 comes with 56 mod packages and there is no need to install them all. REFUELED is broken down as so:
• Mods denoted with "[C]" are core mods, in this case "[C] - Patch #5", the base of what REFUELED 2013.1 runs on.
• REFUELED is denoted with "[E]" to mean extension, you will need to activate both "[C] - Patch #5" and "[E] - REFUELED 2013.1 [R2]".
• Other mods denoted with "[O]" are optional, I will cover these in the next step.
- Activate Optional Mods to Customize
There are 54 optional mods provided in the REFUELED 2013.1 package, each is provided with a description when you hover your mouse over them. You shouldn't activate them all and not all will work with one another. For simplicity reasons with REFUELED, JSGME will give you a warning that says "Enabling this mod *may* have adverse effects on your game." when a mod combination not suitable to install is activated.
NOTE: For the most part it should be easy to identify which mods you shouldn't activate together - i.e. you should only install one vehicle color palette, one UI theme, one force time of day etc.
If you encounter any problems or require further assistance then by all means send me a private message or ask away in a comment and I will do my best to help!
Please don't forget to rate and maybe comment on my mod here.
An extended installation tutorial for this release can be found here.