Fractured Realms is a mod for OpenRA, created by members of the French CnCSaga Community. The background story is taking place in a far future, where remnants of the ancient Federation are fighting against their former colonies over the control of a powerful resource called "Diastim". 3 factions will be available: the brutal Red Alliance, the fanatical Order of the Baneslayer and the mysterious Conclave of Horizon. New factions, units and terrain assets will be progressively implemented.
A lot of change and visual improvement for this new PlayTest of 20190813
Change made since the previous version:
- The Hub interface in the games has again been modified and the consumption index (credits and energy) is now at the bottom of the production area of the units / structures.
New visual elements:
- New elements of land come to embellish the cards.
- Various decorations are added to the map (container, civil building, etc.).
- Explosion, animation and visual effects were reviewed.
And many other elements for factions / Mechanics:
- Various new mechanics on the summer added, corrected (radiation, burns, ...)
- The auras of the effects of structures and units are now easier to identify (bonus of repair, care and other effects)
- The shielding indices have been simplified to 5 types against 7 previously.
- New maps have been added.
- The diastime extractors have been removed
Changes for each faction:
The faction grouping faculties of mobility in structure and robust unit has been the subject of significant changes, the objective being to retain the essential assets of the faction without being too privileged.:
- A new construction animation for the Red Alliance, in addition, the deployment / redeployment of each structure requires much more time.
- The electrician has been converted into a mechanic / engineer.
- The "Arachne" and "Sweeper" unit no longer benefit from their secondary capacity.
- Hydra target only the air unit and not the land unit
- The unit "Eradicator" becomes a polyvalent unit, ideal against any terrestrial unit
- Addition of a new infantry unit: Saboteur
Representing the mechanical faction of the most similar to the traditional factions of C&C, the order retains its main characteristics, with the exception of the mechanics of doctrines:
- Doctrines have been removed for this second phase of the game test.
- The unit "Troll" has been removed
- Unlocked units according to the doctrine are all available (except the "troll").
- the unit "Nidhogg" can target land units in addition to the air units.
- Valkyrie is now equipped with a portable ion gun when deployed and can repair surrounding units once deployed but can no longer move.
- heidrun now becomes a multi-purpose unit based on integrated infantry (only lean and Einherjar act).
- The Heimdall must now deploy to shoot
The Conclave remains a faction of the most exotic properties, able to improve their units and confer several properties during the game. It has some novelties, but most of the work is due to a visual revision:
- The "Drone" unit of the conclave has been removed
- The Statis serves as a multifunction unit (engineer and rocket launcher)
- New construction animation for the Conclave