The defense of Gondor's fiefdoms were the responsibility of the respective lords of these territories. Their training, strength in numbers, and armaments varied from each fief (Lossarnach brought axemen to the aid of Minas Tirith while the men of Morthond Vale consisted of archers). The greatest of these fiefs was Dol Amroth, which brought forth the largest force to Minas Tirith, made up of men-at-arms and arguably the best cavalry in Middle Earth- the elite Swan Knights.
Gondor's fleet at the time of the War of the Ring was docked at Pelargir. This port and the Anduin River was essential in the defense of Minas Tirith. As made evident by the fiefdom's dire need to defend their coasts and many rivers of Gondor, a majority of the fleet was concentrated at Pelargir. This fleet was destroyed when the Black Ships of Umbar attacked, enslaving many of Gondor's sailors into the service of Mordor.
Southern Fiefdoms :
Stand a ground Strategy: The provinces like Tol Falas and Harondor have faces many attacks from both Harad and Umbar, and have defend their cities during long periods against them
- Harondor swordsmen: South Gondor, known in Sindarin as Harondor, was a disputed region south of Ithilien, between the rivers Poros and Harnen. The Harad Road ran across South Gondor. Its climate was described as fluctuating between mild winters and very hot and dry summers. Ongoing wars led to the region’s downfall and by the end of the Third Age, Harondor was said to be a deserted land.
- Tol Falas halberdiers: Tol Falas is an island that is the gondorian territory the most attacked by Haradrims. Because of this, the gondorians that lives there count as the most resilient soldiers of Gondor. Some of them even become some of the tower guards of Minas Tirith.
- Belfalas marksmen: The archers of Belfalas are the archers that shall protect Dol Amorth if the city is under siege. Indeed Bel-falas is under three command of the Prince of Dol Amorth. The Knights of Dol Armoth never mastered the bow even if some of their ancestors may have been elves, they never considered worthy of the chivalry
- Dor-En-Ernill smiths: The Smith of Dor-en-Ernil uses warhammers to slay down the enemies of Dol Amroth in time of war, but in time of peace they are good smith that will provide great ar-mors to the knights of Dol Amroth.
Building protection Strategy: The Western coasts of Gondor are the perfect areas to be attacked by the corsairs. The garrisons are few and all the men in this region are used to defend themselves when they see the black sails.
- Andrast marksmen: The terrain of Andrast consisted of scattered woodlands due to its climate and the strong coasts winds that blow the region. The forests of pines are dark and the villages are spaced.
- Anfalas hammerers: The soldiers of Anfalas are well know for their hammers, in fact in Anfalas the men selected their weapons to be usable as a tool, it evolved to become a true war hammer that shall crush the bones of the enemy
- Pinnath Gelin crossbowmen: The crossbowmen of pinath Gellin are well trained soldiers, in the green hills of their land they train themselves at the age of 10 to master the crossbows and to load the most quickly possible.
- Ras Morthil watchmen: The watch of Ras Morthil are the men’s that watch at the most Western Point of Gondor, they are replaced every month by fresh mens of the country around. If there is not a lot of villages there is plenty of men that can keep this far point
Ambush Strategy: The terrain of the northern fiefdoms are really suitable for all kind of ambush, indeed the forests give a perfect cover to attack the ennemy before they know it
- Ethring citywatch: Ethring was a major crossing point of the river Ringló, along the main road from Erech to Pelargir. Aragorn and the Oathbreakers crossed the river here during the War of the Ring. And all the watch of the city joined the host to save Minas Tirith from the Mordor armies.
- Lamedon clansmen: The Clansmen who hail from the foothills of the White Mountains are a brave and reckless people. Their ferocity makes them deadly skirmishers who can cause havoc amongst enemy lines with their long broadswords
- Blackroot archers: The Archers of the Blackroot Vale are ranked amongst the finest shots in Middle-earth, able to find the weakest point in any creature’s hide. their lord Duinhir took 500 bowmen to the Battle of the Pelennor Fields. With them went Duinhir’s sons, Derufin and Duilin, both of whom were trampled by the Mumakil in the defense of Minas Tirith.
- Tarlang swordsmen: In the hills of Tarlang lives strong men that are used to live a rude life in forests and other difficult places. According to folklore, Tarlang belonged to a group of giants who in «ancient days» were building the White Mountains in order to prevent Men from entering the giants’ land close by the Sea.
Reinforcement Strategy: The Eastern regions of Gondor are nearest regions of Minas Tirith and the first to come if the city faces a threat, the poeple from Lebennin may even use ships to arrive faster to help the Capita
- Lebennin bowmen: If Lebenin is known for their fishermens more than they hunters, we can found some good archers on lebenin, they are called all around Lebenin to protect the capital of Lebenin, Pelargir
- Linhir trollbenders: The Trollbenders are specialized pikemen which have spent their entire lives training to slay monsters and now excel in the matter. Their skill is now renowned, and they have come far from Linhir to help Gondor.
- Pelargir city guards: The Pelargir city guards come to de-fend Gondor. They are master swordsmen who have sworn allegiance to the White Tree. And will make forced marches to come as fast as possible to help the capital of Gondor, Minas Tirith....
- Lossarnach axemen: The stoic Axemen of Lossarnach wield broadbladed axes instead of more conventional weapons. Although this seems strange to other warriors, it is believed this custom originates from when the first lord of Lossarnach wielded the same weapon in defence of his liege.
Elite Strategy: The units from those cities are long trained soldiers that have seen many combats, they are imppressive in combat for they master their weapons like no others,...
- Veterans of Cair Andros: Cair Andros, meaning «Ship of the Long-Foam,» and pronounced «cyre an-dros», was an island in the river Anduin, resting nearly forty miles to the north of Osgiliath. And the soldiers in this Fortress are veterans that comes from all around Gondor
- Cirith Ungol First Defenders: The Deferenders of Cirith Ungol are the first protectioin of Gondor against Mordor and his legions, his trolls and his allies. They are experimented warriors that uses fierce hammers
- Guards of the Star City: The Star City was once the jewel of the kingdom of Gondor. A place of light, and beauty, and music. And so it is once more thanks to the rule of Boromir the King. The Guards are experimented archers gathered from all around Gondor even if most of them comes from either Morthond and Ithilien
- Guards of the Moon: The Guards of the Moon, probably one of the most charismatic unit of Gondor, their armors shines under the light of the moon with a pure white light and the black clothes sewn with silver makes a perfect contrast between black and white.