This is the last planned release before switching to the Fallout 2 engine, beta stage. Quick overview of this release: lots of cool features from Crafty's update to the Sfall plugin, Fallout Fixt now installs to a subfolder to avoid overwriting any of your Fallout data, lots more text fixes, some crash fixes, fixes for some goofs I made, a few more options for Fixes Only custom installs, and fo1_screen_refresh is back. Oh and Fixt is on GitHub now.
Scroll down for screenshots; below screenshots is the changelogs.
1. "Friendly Foe" always on, without the Perk (via Crafty's sfall upgrade)
2. Free/Total weight displayed in inventory and trade screens (via Crafty's sfall upgrade)
3. "Take All" & "Put All" buttons! (via Crafty's sfall upgrade)
4. Leveling past 21! (via Crafty's sfall upgrade)
5. More installer options allowed for Fixes Only custom-mode: Water timer, Vault 13 invasion.
6. More installer options allowed for Fixes Only custom-mode: Level and Title on levelup.
Changes since 0.80alpha:
- Fallout Fixt now installs in a subfolder titled "Fallout Fixt" of where you tell it to install. (Thanks Lexx!)
-- This means you won't overwrite anything from your current Fallout installation. Hooray!
-- You still need to select your current Fallout folder as the install directory, because Fixt needs to know where to find the main data files.
- Fallout Fixt installer no longer backs up savegames during install. This was causing issues on some systems.
-- The silver lining is that since it's being installed in a subfolder now, your original savegames will stay untouched regardless.
- Fixed crash when giving holodisk to Jon Zimmerman.
- Razor no longer dissapears forever.
- Fixed crash moving items between containers in inventory. (Thanks Crafty!)
- Talius' dialog options regarding the spy are now available as they should have been.
- No more broken Start Menu links.
- Display of title and/or level on levelup now works properly on Fixes Only installs.
- "Free combat running fix" in Sfall now disabled by default as it caused confusing functionality.
- Updated troubleshooting guide, and added index to top of file.
- URLs for Troubleshooting Guide and Changelog now open the file directly as a download rather than with Dropbox's file viewer.
- More text & dialog changes/fixes. 200+ files modified. (Thanks robbforce!)
Changes since alpha 7.1:
ADDED / UPDATED
- Now has the most current files for Katja's graphics.
- Additional options available in the Fixes Only download's "MOSTLY PURIST" custom install:
-- Display player's level on levelup
-- Display player's title on levelup (Titles are from the Fallout manual)
-- Restore Vault 13 invasion of after 500 days (Default in Fallout v1.0)
-- Days Left for Water Chip can be 120 instead of 150. (Overseer says "4 to 5 months left" in the intro movie)
- Includes ddraw (Sfall) version 1.19, by Timeslip & improved by Crafty. This plugin provides many graphical and game enhancements and features, which are customizable, including the following and many more:
-- Hold down Shift to highlight items and containers on-screen.
-- Various commands can be bound to keys or key combinations. (All are disabled by default)
-- Can no longer press zero (0) to force-exit dialog.
-- Fixes for high CPU usage.
-- Display karma changes in the message box. (Disabled by default)
-- Buttons with "Take All" function similar to Fallout 2.
-- Remove inability of Vault Dweller to get critical successes or critical failures in the first few days of the game.
-- Doors can no longer dodge bullets.
-- Shows free weight as well as total weight in Barter and Inventory screens.
-- Can no longer use drugs to cheat with skill-gain books and getting Perks you shouldn't have access to.
-- Can no longer use the "A" key to run forever for free in combat.
-- Leveling past 21. (Disabled by default of course)
-- Friendly Foe functionality is now default and the Perk is removed from the game.
- "Fixes Only" installs can no longer start with 64000 Days Left for the Water Chip timer.
-- Existing "Fixes Only" games with >150 Days Left will be reset to 150.
- Fixed crash upon ending dialog with the dying mutant.
- Fixed some installer options that weren't working as intended.
- Made a change to attempt to fix an issue where Vats self-destruct timer would always set to 0 (instant), regardless of option chosen.
- Reverted an attempted fix of empty caravan encounters, that unintentionally caused *more* empty caravan encounters. :(
- Reverted 2 fixes/changes that caused unintentional issues gaining access to the Vats Control Computer.
- fo1_screen_refresh is once again included.
- Weapon Drop Mod no longer enabled by default on "Standard" and "Full" installations. My sincere apologies, I thought I already reverted this in the last release.
- All instances of "nevermind" changed back to "never mind". (Thanks Prisoner416)
- Several minor fixes to spelling and grammar.
- Additions to CREDITS.TXT (French translation team, SFALL team, Engine Conversion team, Breakin'Benny, gvx, Prisoner416)
- Removed debug message that displayed if player was accompanied by Brotherhood of Steel Assault Paladins.
- Added steps to Troubleshooting Guide regarding inability to save games, sound issues, and "Not enough disk space".
- Various behind-the-scenes changes in preparation for the full migration to Fallout 2 engine.
- Fallout Fixt source code (installers, scripts, batch files, reference materials, global variables, default settings) is now publicly available at Github.com
- Fallout Fixt dialog and text files are now publicly available at Github.com - For translations into non-English languages and tracking fixes/changes/additions to the English versions.
BUG REPORTS POLICY
- All bugs, ideas, and feature requests are to be reported at the Fallout Fixt bug reports wiki at Falloutmods.wikia.com
- Bug reports entered on forum threads (RPGCodex/NMAFallout/GOG/Steam/etc) will no longer be considered 'official bug reports' for the following reasons:
-- EASE: It doesn't require registration and shouldn't take much longer than it would to post it on the forum.
-- EXCLUSIVITY: You're robbing the ability to interact with your bug report from people who don't visit that forum.
-- DUPLICATE WORK: Someone (usually me) has to to personally go through all the threads to add them to the wiki.
-- HUMAN ERROR: It's easy for thread-post bug reports to be accidentally overlooked or forgotten.
-- EFFICIENCY: It results in duplicate reports and requires cross-referencing multiple sources.
-- TIME: It's in everyone's best interest for me to spend my time focusing on actually fixing the bugs.