Duke Forces is a modification of Duke Nukem 3d inspired by the Star Wars Dark Forces series. It works with all Duke Nukem 3D levels and automatically converts weapons, enemies, textures, sprites, music...pretty much everything into Star Wars content.

Forum Thread
Thoughts about version 2.01 (Games : Duke Nukem 3D : Mods : Duke Forces : Forum : Comments : Thoughts about version 2.01) Locked
Thread Options
Apr 23 2017 Anchor

Hey man, you've made a nice update, I appreciate that. I want to write some my thoughts about the new update.

1. Maybe I'll start from things which I don't like, slow motion perk. I am not a big fan of this one, but that is not the issue. The problem is that I don't like it that in order to use that force, you have to input "use" a lot of times. I often spam this input, while searching for secrets or pressing buttons to progress. Something else must trigger that power ability.

2. I like some new weapon sprites, especially DL-44, it really fits Dark Forces style. Right now, I think Bowcaster has the ugliest weapon sprites, I hope someone will improve them.

3. But at the same time have you considered changing sprites for Thermal Detonators? I am not a big fan of these sprites either, Shadow Warrior sprites could be a better alternative or even original Dark Forces (of course I mean after some photoshopping to match Duke's style). I did a quick sprite to show what I meant Imgur.com

4. Alternative fire mode for weapons is cool, but I feel like there's unbalance for some of them. For example Assault Cannon, why Rocket and Shrapnel basically cost one blast? Isn't Rocket basically more powerful than Shrapnel? The same situation is for Concussion Rifle, the blast which does splash damage seems more powerful than railgun fire. I just want to write that alt mode should cost like 2 or 3 ammo instead of 1... I would forget, Mortar Launcher has the same issue.

5. I like the all new details placed in maps, really fitting new Duke Forces style, good job!

6. The new episode was cool, though the last boss fight was a bit tedious, it was not even challenging. Hell, sometimes Phase 3 DarkTroopers can be more challenging.

Overall it's a very good update, keep up the good work!

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.