Introducing: RTS Camera System
During multiplayer testing it turned out that the handheld-device-based construction system
was not suitable to allow players who are logged in on a server to interact with structures on the map.
In fact, it didn't work at all.
So how are players going to repair, sell and interact with buildings on the map?
Well, taking some of your comments into consideration I developed a RTS-style camera system for FORTS which
does in fact work very well for single- and multiplayer games.
The following video demonstrates some features of the brand new RTS camera system such as:
- moving the camera around on the map by moving the cursor on the screen as known from many
popular real-time-strategy games
- you can also move the camera around on the map by using the WSAD or ARROW keys on your
- automatic terrain following and collision check to prevent the camera from getting stuck
- choose between top-down-perspective and free view at any time by pressing the "jump" key.
- interact with any building on the whole map
- give attack orders to turrets or set drop-off points for vehicles
- jump back to your home base by pressing the "crouch" key.
- get an overview of the whole battlefield.
The next relaese will contain all the feratures introduced so far, but may still contain some bugs.
The Conglomerate faction works well and runs stable in multiplayer games.
The Anubian Alliance faction works well in singleplayer games, but does not run stable yet in multiplayer games.
That is why the first new release may have only one multiplayer-ready faction but don't worry,
the second one will follow.
Im looking forward to a new release within the next weeks.
Stay tuned for more infos.