Welcome to the latest news update of Crysis Wars EX. This week we are finally able to release version 1.0 to the public, and we hope we will receive lots of good feedback information to keep improving the game and the modification. Besides that, we continue our Meet the OMG! Team series, and have some cool news about a new Community Event planned by our Community Management team.
Important: Please read the ReadMe file included with the Installer version. Avast and GData are reporting false positive scans for a trojan. We ensure you that there is no trojan included. Please see this page for the full report.
This news is written in English but we also prepared the release news in German, Italian, French and Russian. Just click on the language and you will be forwarded to a .pdf that has been prepared for you.
- Crysis Wars EX 1.0 Features
- Crysis Wars EX 1.0 Download & Installation
- Meet the OMG! Team: c4Te
- Crysis Wars EX - Play the Devs
Crysis Wars EX Features
The Crysis Wars EX mod changes several aspects of the original game, as well as adds brand-new features to it. The following list contains the most important changes; you can find the full list of features on our homepage.
- Added a server-side option to enable/disable Crysis 1 Wall Jump feature.
- Added a server-side option to enable/disable Simple Target Name feature.
- Added High Ping kick option for server administrators.
- Added console commands to bind Loadouts to keys in Power Struggle game mode.Disabled most console commands that can be used to tweak the game and adjust it to gain an advantage. Tweaking and adjusting settings is still possible with the use of the in-game options menu.
- Addition of EX's own GUID system in preparation for its own Global Ban System.
- [FIXED] misplaced AY-69 Silencer in 3rd person.
- [FIXED] bug when raising weapon.
- [FIXED] SDK issue with the localized text not being able to be loaded from the localized folder.
- [FIXED] issue with laser dot not being visible on all surfaces.
- FY-71 modified to finally be a viable alternative to the SCAR.
- Halved the maximum speed of the Light TAC Tank for small maps.
- Re-balanced the Hurricane to make it more effective as a defending siege weapon.
- Added new Power Struggle Map "Deadend".
- Added OMG! Login System.
- Added OMG! Stats System.
- Added reworked versions of existing maps for balance and performance.
We provide two Crysis Wars EX install methods. The first one is an installer; we moreover recommend players to use this installer version. The installer will lead you through the full installation process, and will place a shortcut on your desktop to start Crysis Wars EX.
The second method is a simple .zip archive that should be used by Server Administrators to upgrade their servers to Crysis Wars EX. Just copy the complete "Mods" folder to your Crysis Wars main folder. A more detailed description can be found on our homepage.
Meet the OMG! Team: c4Te
Welcome in the "Meet the OMG Team" section where we will introduce you to the different members of the Online Modding Group. It is always exciting to know more about the people that work on something you play and therefore we thought it might be a good addition to our regular updates. This week we will introduce you to c4Te, Lead Project Manager of Crysis Wars EX.
Greetings, My name is Sven Metzger, I am 21 years old and I am the Lead Project Manager of Crysis Wars EX. I am currently doing an apprenticeship at Crytek that I hope to finish in the next year. After leaving the Crysis Wars development team I started thinking of a new project that might be connected to Crysis Wars. Because of that I started four months ago with several people from the community the Online Modding Group. We had a dream and we worked hard to realize it. The first version is done but we still have tons of ideas and things we want to do like new game modes and many more improvements to the game but you will read more about that in the upcoming weeks. I want to thank my team and especially r4rgh and TBD. Those guys are always there if you need help and I really enjoy working with them. Therefore I say thanks and hope that you all enjoy Crysis Wars EX (and if not at least try it out and give it a chance).
- Online Modding Group