The definitive gameplay enhancement mod for the GZDoom and Zandronum engines. Adds realistic gore, dismemberments, headshots, executions, lightning effects, particles, makes enemies smarter and harder, makes gun louder and beefier, and adds epic new boss battles.
This mod is intended for brutal doom v21 gold and it's compatible with patch 21.0.3 by BLOODWOLF333. It reduces ammo drop amount by around -25%, and slightly tweaks few weapons without changing their intended role or behaviour. Disclaimer: The screenshot I used it's the result of many other mods to enhance graphic and also few remapped sprites I made for myself, but are not included in this file.
This mod is intended for brutal doom v21 gold and it's compatible with patch 21.0.3 by BLOODWOLF333.
I'm aware there's other mods which lower ammo or change weapons, but I'm the kind of person who like to tweak and tailor the game to his liking, so I made this mod just for personal use. Then I tought that maybe someone could like this tweaks...
It reduces Shells, Bullets and Pistol Bullets drop amount by around -25%.
It also tweaks slightly some weapons without changing their intended role or behaviour, the most important ones are:
- Minigun, only in spin mode, fire faster and have muzzle climb (both less than tactical mode). Unchanged when not spinning.
- Grenade Launcher it's better at AOE damage, but still has same effect on direct hits single targets
- Railgun does more damage on direct hits but cost proportionally more cells per shot.
- Grenades do more damage, but the drop amount and carry capacity was reduced accordingly.
- The full list of changes can be found in "Changelist.txt" file inside the zip archive.
Weapon slot binding
Other than tweaks, it also contains a "KEYCONF" file which remap weapons slot bindings to my likings, if you want the old binding just remove the file from the pk3 archive.
Can be loaded after brutalv21.pk3 and (optionally) after bd21.0.3patch.pk3.
Sadly KEYCONF is included in brutal doom and overrides every other means to remap slots, so it had to be present unless you wanna make another mod just for remapping.