The definitive gameplay enhancement mod for the GZDoom and Zandronum engines. Adds realistic gore, dismemberments, headshots, executions, lightning effects, particles, makes enemies smarter and harder, makes gun louder and beefier, and adds epic new boss battles.
A Custom visor HUD based on KEENO7's Dynamic HUD and highly inspired by XV117's NewDoomguy Visor. It's compatible with Vanilla Doom, Brutal Doom v21 (+ some addons like tomtefars extension 1.10, mutators1.5.4, D2016Arsenal) and some other mods (Project Brutality 3.0, BeautifulDoom, HardDoom, SmoothDoom, ComplexDoom Clusterfuck, BrutalDoom64, BrutalDoom:BlackEdition, JohnnyDoom, BrutalDoomv20b). Now works with 4:3 , 16:10 and 16:9 resolutions !
First, you should use a launcher (like ZDL) to load mods, it really makes things more simple than drag and drop.
You need to load "CatsVisorBasex.x.pk3" before "CatsVisorCx.x.pk3" and it should be last in your load order.
So your load order should be something like this :
- any map wad
- your gameplay mod
- any other mods
- CatsVisorCx.X.pk3 OR CatsVisorCx.x_Dynamic.pk3
! ZANDRONUM VERSION !
Link to version 1.6 : CatsVisor 1.6 Zandronum
Changelog for 1.7.1
- Fixed a bug (overlay and mugshot not showing on standard version)
Changelog for 1.7
- Added an optional reduced version of level stats
- Added compatibility with BrutalDoom v20b
- Added tank/mech/helicopter weapons
- HUD now shows only hp bar when demon morphed
- Updated compatibility for Project Prutality 3.0 (Thanks to MOBSTER72 LOBSTER72)
- Updated some ammo icons (sprites by Mryayayify, JMartinez2098 & Iamcarrotmaster)
- Fixed some bugs
Changelog for 1.6.9
- Aspect ratio detection improved
- Added compatibility with Doom Remake 4
- Fixed some bugs
Changelog for 1.6.8
- Added compatibility with JohnnyDoom
Changelog for 1.6.7
- Fixed line spacing in menus (GZDoom 4.0.0)
- Added options for dynamic version (Mugshot, helmet lights...)
Changelog for 1.6f
- Fixed some bugs (with BD:64 and vanilla doom)
Changelog for 1.6e
- Added Machinegun grenade indicator
- Changed text font back
Changelog for 1.6d
- Fixed font bug with GZDoom 3.7.0
Changelog for 1.6c
- Fixed access cards icons
- Fixed total ammo counters
- Fixed powerups indicators
- Updated grenade ammo icon
Changelog for 1.6b
- All files are packed into one (now you only need to load the same 2 files whatever mod you play)
- The dynamic version is now compatible with the same mods as the standard version
Changelog for 1.6a
- Improved dynamic mugshot
- Edited dynamic ovelay
- Dynamic version now supports 16:10 and 4:3 resolutions
Changelog for 1.6
- New Dynamic version ! (it's still work in progress)
- Added basic support for D4T
Changelog for 1.5c
- Fixed timer (now properly hides during fatalities)
- Added timefreezer powerup indicator (mutator 1.5.4)
- Added option to disable timer
- Added option to disable helmet light
Changelog for 1.5b
- Alternative overlay added (Helmet edge on the bottom part)
- Changed the font of some indicators (weapons/armor names, total ammo counters, clock...)
- Added edited names for armors and weapons
- Various fixes & adjustments
Changelog for 1.5a
- Enemy health bar added (Switch it on in the option menu)
- ComplexDoom version added (Compatible with gzdoom)
Changelog for 1.5
- Option menu added - Now you can customize the HUD, so having to deal with those multiple versions (NoInv, Inv, Light...) is not needed anymore !!!
- Alternative ammo bar added (switch in the option menu)
- Updated for D2016Arsenal v1.0
- Various fixes & adjustments
Changelog for 1.4c
- Fixed levelstats and cards/skulls position in 4:3
- Demonmorph runes icons added
- Various fixes
Changelog for 1.4b
- BrutalDoom : BlackEdition v3.1d version added
- BrutalDoom64 version added
Changelog for 1.4a :
- Oxygen bar added (test it with Under a Freezing Sea !)
- Compatibility with Doom2016 Arsenal b5
Changelog for 1.4 :
- HUD is now hidden during fatalities and other killcams
- Extended health and armor bar (display values above 100)
- Added a generic armor icon and one for fatality armor bonuses
- Fixed a bug with keys icons (ComplexDoom Clusterfuck)
Changelog for 1.3 :
- Now supports 4:3 , 16:10 and 16:9 resolutions
- Stamina bar moved under the healthbar
Changelog for 1.2 :
- Ammo bars reworked (now weapons without reload have a single bar and ammo counter, grenades and C4 have now an ammo bar...)
- Fixed some bugs (ComplexDoom clusterfuck version)
- Added icons for powerups
- also added a version compatible with Mutators 1.5.4 (custom powerups icons)
- Added a stamina bar (for brutaldoom tactical mod mainly)
Changelog for 1.1f :
- New light version (less things on screen for more visibility)
- Added compatibility for ComplexDoom Clusterfuck
- Fix some errors
Changelog for 1.1e :
- ammo indicators added
- adjusted powerup timers position
- reduced file size by spliting the mod into two files.
Option Menu :
You'll find "CatsVisor options" in the option menu.
From here you can customize the HUD (It's still quite basic)
Ammo bars for both magazine and total ammo.
Shows armor type and armor percent.
Shows the inventory item selected (inventory version).
Grenades and C4 (Tomtefar ext.) indicators.
Reacts on life percent.
Dynamic helmet lights (based on the armor).
Icons for powerups.
4:3 and 16:10 support.