Third person animations! Over the shoulder camera view! Dedicated melee key! Bug fixes! Order now and receive five (5) brand new weapons!!*
*Five (5) brand new weapons not included. Please use the next download over to receive them.
**Please note that BW v2.5 will need to be installed, at least partially, for this to work. It uses the same animations, textures, sounds and meshes as the previous version, so just remove the system files from BW2.5 and this should be good to go.
Ballistic Weapons Fix
This is a fix of almost all bugs in BW and introduces new features as well. A list is available in the readme within the package. I'm assuming that most players know what the features are by now, so I'll just list the changes in this version:
- Dedicated key for melee attacks. This opens up the altfires of weapons which previously had their melee on altfire.
- New firemodes for the M763, MRS-138 and XK2.
- Upgraded the in-game manual system, accessed by the command bwstats. There are 4 sections: Description, Primary Fire, Altfire and Additional Information. While each of the 4 sections has the same char limit as the normal description before it corrupts on export, properly splitting your descriptions between all four parts will ensure this won't occur. That Other Pack's weapons have an expanded manual, while stock weapons use their original descriptions in this build.
- Expanded third-person animation support. It's not entirely complete, but most actions and stances are there.
- Over-the-shoulder third-person view support.
- Ability to hold multiple killstreaks in reserve at once.
- Fatigue on melee weapons for excessive usage and for hitting blocking enemies.
- Junk Wars support.
- Further bug fixing and updating.
Current community mod support:
- The Junk War Community Bonus Pack (.u file included)
- fische11 and Jack Carver's Weapon Pack (.u file included)
- That Other Weapon Pack
New Version changelog
- ChangeCamDist command with a number will scale the behind-view camera distance.
- Animations are disabled under the following conditions:
- set BallisticPawn bLocalDisableAnimations True has been input
- The model uses a non-standard species or non-standard skeleton with a default species and you haven't whitelisted that model
- To whitelist a character, go to User.ini, find [BallisticFix.BallisticPawn] and enter under the last entry:
- Multiple lines can be specified one after another.
- BallisticVehicles package is supported. For now, directional armor hasn't been implemented as I need to think about the best approach for it. Otherwise the bug with the Thor tank's shells has been fixed.
- Explosives deal damage through cover