After some quite extensive tests along with Wicopp I am proudly announcing the full release of Back2Fronts mod version 1.0.
Let me briefly sum up the whole mod. Back2Fronts is an extensive mod that will overhaul your Call of Duty 2 game to a next level. This mod brings more variety, intensity, realism and battle-like experience. Try new weapons, fight new enemies, fulfil new missions and explore new options. Mod is SP and MP friendly (although primary part is SP).
M A I N _ F E A T U R E S :
1) sprint added
to start sprinting player must be standing and moving (in any direction)
sprint is started by double tap of "USE" button
sprint is ended when player runs out of stamina or when "USE" button is released
player can sprint in any direction (forwards, backwards, sidewards)
2) firemode switch for selected weapons added
selected weapons offer a secondary firemode (semi-auto or slow-auto)
to switch to a secondary firemode player must hold down the "USE" button for 1 second
weapons that offer secondary fire are: AVT40, BAR, Bren, FG42, M2 Carbine, MAB38, MG34, MP41, MP44, PPSh, Sten, Thompson and ZB26
3) 45 new hand-held weapons
4) 15 new grenades
5) 4 new stationary machine guns
6) 3 new usable artillery guns (British 6pounder, German PAK43 and German C36)
7) 3 new vehicles (German King Tiger, German Panzer IV and Russian T34/85)
8) 9 new SP maps accessable from menu and added to storyline (2 German, 2 American, 1 British, 1 Anglo-American and 3 Russian)
9) all SP maps modified to maximalize realism (usage of correct guns, vehicles etc.)
10) Back2Fronts combats and options menus added to options menu
11) load saved game menu added to main menu
12) Back2Fronts info menu added to main menu
13) Back2Fronts mod has full English (text) localization
14) new characters added (German Honorguard, German Fallschirmjagers, German winter SS, summer Russians, British paratroopers)
15) added support for British portable MG guys
16) added chin straps for German soldiers
17) winter and normandy versions of German armored car (SdKfz222) added
18) winter and african versions of Tiger I added
19) British versions of Jeep and Sherman added (without US star)
20) winter Sherman created
21) halftracks can have MG34 or MG42 turrets (depending on time period)
22) enemies will drop their weapon if shot into the holding (right) arm/hand
23) random bloody screens for hurted player
24) 94 new death sounds added to Germans, 85 new pain sounds added to Germans
25) 8 new death sounds added to Americans/British, 9 new pain sounds added to Americans/British
26) 5 choke death sounds added to all fighting parties
27) new menu music and new British tank battle music
28) enhanced artillery and vehicle sounds (type of artillery or vehicle can be identified by its sound)
29) enhanced player sounds (gear rattle, shellshock etc.)
30) and many more...
M E D I A _ U P D A T E :
De Lisle new anims. Note the animated bullets and firing pin. De Lisle is a fast-shooting suppresed bolt-action carbine. It's pretty effective even at close range.
Mosin Nagant new anims, including bayonet. Note the animated bullets during rechamber and reload. Actual stripper clip was added for reload. For those who have good eyes - the firing pin is animated as well.
Kar98k new anims, including bayonet. Note the animated bullets during rechamber and reload. For those who have good eyes - the firing pin is animated as well.
Lee Enfield new anims, including bayonet. Note the animated bullets during reload. For those who have good eyes - the firing pin is animated as well.
Springfield new anims, including bayonet.
Moddb images: Moddb.com
All bolt-action snipers have new anims and one small change - the rechamber motion is transfered into aiming through scope which makes it more realistic but also harder to aim. Also the bullets are animated during rechamber and reload.
Luger new anims. Note animated bullets in magazine during reload.
Market Garden SP map played for Germans done. Mod now has 2 German missions (Market Garden is 2nd mission, 1st one is Red Square Massacre).
Merry Christmass to everyone!
Martin a.k.a MCh2207Cz