Arcade Mode aims to bring the fast paced point accumulation action similar to that seen in Doom 2016 to Blood. Paint the town red and kill everything you see to increase your points and score multiplier. Level up and collect Skulls to further increase your multiplier, pickup devastating power ups and enter into a bloodlust frenzy.
How To Install
- Place the "Arcade Mode v2.0" folder in your "Blood" folder.
- Run "Install Arcade Mode.bat"
- Play the game.
How To Uninstall
- Run "Uninstall Arcade Mode.bat"
- A new HUD located in the top right of your screen that shows your score, multiplier, skulls collected, and arcade messages.
- For all 53 maps in all 6 episodes: Added new explosive objects, Explosive Kills powerups, and a few more enemies in certain maps.
- Destroy the environment and kill enemies to increase your score multiplier and gain points. The more points you gain the more you Level Up, which will give you various benefits such as getting a free powerup, health/ammo regeneration, instant weapon switching, and infinite guns akimbo.
- Enter into a Bloodlust that increases your multiplier, makes you move faster, take less damage, causes no fall damage, gives you full health, a small amount of ammo, causes enemies to spawn more gibs and releases a devastating AOE blast that will take out all nearby enemies.
- Complete certain actions to collect Skulls which make your multiplier increase faster when you destroy objects and kill enemies. There are 17 different Skulls in total and you can keep collecting ones you've already gotten after a certain amount of time has passed.
- Taking damage will reduce your multiplier if you haven't been damaged within a certain period of time.
- A few bug fixes to the game. See [Bug Fixes] below for more details.
- There are several console commands to customize your Arcade experience. Open the console (with the ~ key) and type "call help" (no quotes) for a list of all console command options. See [Arcade Options] above for more details.
- While in local coop, when a player dies, you will now see player killed by enemy, player killed by player, and player suicided messages.
- After finishing a map you can view your Arcade score results by opening the console (with the ~ key) and you should see your results in the console near the bottom.
- In E2M1 made certain ceiling sectors higher up in order for the secret under the water in the ship where the key is, so you could actually get that secret.
- Removed the terrible puzzle door sequence in E3M6
- Gibs no longer block actors
- New voxels for Torch, Tommygun, plants, TCoil, Electros, Railings, Vase, Firesuit, Proxy/Remote Dynamite, Billboard signs and pictures.
- Fixed a railing in E2M2 that had a levelHack def that turned off it's voxel.
- Removed drowning darkness and pickup flashes
- Diving suit lasts twice as longer
- When picking up the Reflective Shots Powerup the players palette is no longer overridden with the dark water palette.
- Changed the Delirium Powerup max value from 3600 to 900 and it's tilt and turn effect has been reduced by half.
- Stone Gargoyles will no longer respawn when the "Monsters Respawn" option is on and can attack targets taking the Z-Axis into account.
- Flesh Gargoyles can attack targets taking the Z-Axis into account and their bone throw attack damage was increased from 12 to 32 and it hits every tick instead of every other tick and it's collision size was tripled.
- Axe Zombies will no longer keep attacking dead targets in their ponder state. And can be shoot when they are on the ground in their recoil state.
- Fat Zombie projectiles will now aim towards their target using the Z-Axis
- Tchernobog's Health was Tripled
- Shotgun/Tommy Cultists now have a tiny delay before entering their fire state. The "Cultist Attack Aggression" difficulty option effects the length of their reaction time.
- Shotgun Cultists fire half the amount of bullets
- You can now throw enemy dynamite back by pressing the Use key when near non impact triggered dynamite.
- If you have a doctors bag and your health is below 25 it will be automatically used.
- Increased Spray Can damage from 8 to 14 and burn time to 24
- Pitchfork damaged changed from 17 to 26
- Proximity Dynamite changes: Alt Fire is now the same as the primary fire except it throws out 3 bundles instead of 1, and the dynamite arms twice as fast.
- Remote Dynamite changes: Primary Fire throws dynamite, if you have no ammo will click detonator. Alt Fire clicks the detonator and you are now able to detonate as soon as you have thrown the dynamite.
- Life Leach Staff changes: Primary Fire base damage increased from 7 to 20, You lose ammo/health 3 times slower, and if your holding the fire button down at the end of the animation it will immediately go into the next primary fire animation.
- Voodoo Doll changes: Much better targeting functionality. Both primary and alt fires can hit Spiders, Pods, and Pod Tentacles. Zombies waiting under the Earth will no longer be targeted. Primary Fire consumes less ammo based on damage dealt, damage was increased by 50%, and will not hurt you if theres no target. Alt fire no longer uses all ammo and the damage it deals no longer depends on the amount of ammo you have.
You can change special Arcade Mode options using console commands to customize your arcade experience. Open the console (with the ~ key) and type "call help" (no quotes) for a list of all console command options detailed here:
- call onehud (Show the Arcade HUD for only one player, to reduce lag)
- call allhud (Show the Arcade HUD for all players)
- call msg (Show Arcade messages)
- call killmsg (Show Arcade messages whenever you kill things)
- call skullsound (Play sounds when getting a Skull)
- call mulsound (Play sound when multiplier increases)
- call healthhelp (Auto use Doctor's Bag if health is below 25)
- call reset (Sets all the above custom options back to their default values)
- 500,000: "Free Doctor's Bag" - Gives players a Doctor's Bag or +100 health if you already have a full Doctor's Bag.
- 1,000,000: "Health Regeneration" - Heals 1 HP up to 100 every 6 seconds
- 2,000,000: "Fast Weapon Switching" - Lower and Raise weapon animations are not played
- 3,000,000: "Infinite Guns Akimbo" - Always have Guns Akimbo Powerup and ammo usage is halved for all dual guns, and the Guns Akimbo pickup gives explosive kills instead.
- 4,000,000: "Faster Health Regeneration" - Heals 1 HP up to 100 every 3 seconds
- 5,000,000: "Ammo Regeneration" - Gives some ammo to all weapons you own every 10 seconds
- Every million after is a random powerup
Complete certain actions to collect Skulls which make your multiplier increase faster when you destroy objects and kill enemies. There are 17 different Skulls in total and you can keep collecting ones you've already gotten after a certain amount of time has passed.
- Bloody Skull - Kill 6 or more enemies in a row
- Brutal Skull - Kill 4 or 5 enemies in a row
- Triple Skull - Kill 3 enemies in a row
- Carnage Skull - Destroy 6 objects in a row
- Havoc Skull - Destroy 5 explodable objects in a row
- Giblets Skull - Destroy 12 gibs in a row
- Toasty Skull - Destroy 2 flammable objects in a row
- Hoarder Skull - Pickup 6 items within a certain time
- Powerup Skull - Pickup 2 powerups within a certain time
- Keyper Skull - Pickup 3 keys
- Ironclad Skull - Pickup 3 pieces of armor
- Armed Skull - Pickup 4 weapons
- Headless Skull - Kill 4 Zombie heads
- Footsy Skull - Kick 4 different kickable objects within 20 seconds from each other
- Vigorous Skull - Pickup 4 health items
- Inhuman Skull - Kill 4 Innocents within a certain time
- Memento Skull - Pickup 3 Relics
- Hands choking players now serialize correctly.
- OnEnterWater and OnExitWater callbacks are now called for players no matter what their sprite type is.
- Players are now able to exit water no matter what their sprite type is.
- Scripting serialization was redone. There is a bug that exists in the kDict class where you can only add a certain amount of key/values before the game crashes (which also exists in all current Kex games, Turok 1 and 2).
- Fixed a railing in E2M2 that had a levelHack def that turned off it's voxel.
- Axe Zombies will no longer keep attacking dead targets in their ponder state.
- Fat Zombie projectiles will now aim towards their target using the z axis
- Stone Gargoyles can now attack the player when they're ducking
- Flesh Gargoyles can now attack the player when they're ducking