'Ammo' will add some tweaks and modifications to your Max Payne, making noticeable changes while still trying to keep the original game. Hope you have fun with it!
What's this? A sudden release? 1.4 fixes the crash to desktop when dropping empty guns and adds a few tweaks here and there.
As per usual, extract ammo14.mpm to your Max Payne installation path. Then, when launching the game, pick "ammo14" from the "Choose Customized Game" dropdown, and you're good to go.
- Crash when Max drops empty weapons (found it by coincidence yesterday, did no one run into this?)
- Resized empty magazine projectiles to not be so ridiculously huge
- Removed the insane vanilla Slow Motion Multiplier on the Colt Commando and Jackhammer
- Max now drops his weapons when dying
- Death animations don't freeze time for as long now, and have the original death music restored
- Minor touchups to the level selection screen
- Toned the Slow Motion activation flash way down
- Minor HUD details
- Frequency Scaling (slow motion effect) for one or two sounds where appropiate