This mod tries to remove the 30fps cap of unit, particle and building movement. By using the highest game speed option everything can move at 60 fps.
Improvements to death animations of space battles and adjusted speed of particles for a proper look of explosions, Aggressor-Destroyer plasma shot etc.
Patch Notes 0.3
- death animations for space stations and most space ships are now played at the right speed
- breakoff props of the expansion now move at the right speed and are shown for the correct duration
- particles are now displayed at the right speed (i.e. explosions in space or the Aggressor plasma shot)
- AI scripts have been adjusted for the higher game speed
- fog of war should not be revealed anymore in space battles (for some reason this always happens. Under normal conditions this should only occur if one side has overwhelming odds but something is not working correctly here. So i disabled this feature. FOW will not be revealed anymore during space battles if one side has overwhelming odds or if it is a space battle over a corrupted planet and the Zann-Consortium is involved)
- "reinforcement point transition time" was changed to 10 sec after i set it to 20 sec accidentally in 0.2
!This mod does not boost performance!
This mod is not actually changing that much. Movement of models and particles etc. seems to be bound to the "game speed" settings in the options menu.
If you slide it all the way to the right it doubles game speed and all particles and models move at 60 fps.
But since nobody wants to play accelerated all the time I tried to change certain settings in the XML folder about movement speed, recharge time, build time etc.
Some values are doubled while others were divided by 2 in order to keep the original stats of units and turrets but at a higher frame rate.
You should notice that everything moves much smoother than before. But keep in mind that i probably missed some values.
I changed no animations so they are all sped up unless i could change them via an XML file.
1. Place the extracted "60fps" folder in your "Mods" folder.
2. Place "Launch 60fps.bat" in your root directory of Star Wars Empire At War Forces of Corruption.
3. Open "Launch 60fps.bat" to launch the mod.
4. In the main menu go into options and set the "game speed" setting for ground and space Battles to the maximum.
5. Try it out and let me know if something is not working correctly.
Let me know what you think about my mod.
I know there are still things that are not properly adjusted to the higher game speed. I did not look in every single XML the game has to offer.
If you find something strange or unbalanced let me know so I can try fixing it.