I have some issues with the mod. Before I go into those, I will say that they've done an excellent job porting over F.E.A.R. 2 and 3's weapons. I wish they'd release a version of the mod that's just these weapon additions without all the other changes they've made.
Now onto the negatives.
- Paxton's face change. Why? His face looks really odd now.
- ADSing, I don't think it fits well with the first game and it's pretty janky in the mod. The sights/weapon model bob up and down so much that they're unusable while moving. They also don't line up correctly on most weapons. I preferred the original way the game handled aiming.
- Damage and health values have been drastically changed. I always play on hard difficulty in the original game, but here I can't go above medium. On hard I couldn't take more than 3-4 bullets before dying - while I had full health and armor! Meanwhile the enemies now soak up bullets. This ruins the combat imo, please don't make the enemies sponges to artificially increase difficulty.
- Reflex sight added to G2A2. I'm not a fan of adding scopes/sights to guns, and the gun looked great without it.
- Scope added to PK470 (Assault Rifle from F.E.A.R. 2). When this was first added there wasn't a scope, like how it was originally going to be in F2 before they slapped a giant scope on it. I love how the gun looks without it, I'd really like a way to revert this change.
- I kept crashing around Interval 8.
Pretty bad at the moment. Ammo is EXTREMELY rare, and when you buy any, from what it tells you it sounds like you're buying BOXES of ammo, but instead you're buying each individual bulet. With your starting money, you can buy a crappy gun and about 15 bullets, which isn't enough to do anything. Maps are extremely barren, all the buildings are empty except for a few zombies here and there, and absolutely no loot inside them. It takes forever to go anywhere in the VERY large maps. The lag is extremely bad as well, only 4 people were playing on the server and yet it lagged so badly. Hope you'll update the mod soon so it's a lot better. Then I'll try it again.
No reviews were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the review list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.