This member has provided no bio about themself...
You are German, as I am, but frankly your English is crap. You mess up words (not just spelling mistakes but also just using the wrong word) and your grammar is just plain bad.
It's very easy to assume a misunderstanding here.
TT will certainly take the longest as I don't have the schema files, but you can basically mod any asset type.
As TT is based on RA3 it also inherits RA3's MP3 passthrough stuff so I don't have to rely on EALayer.
Will still take a while.
XBox/PS3 (maybe, that's the Xenon thing), RA3/U, TT.
Asset handling will be completely different, inherits are therefore possible.
Probably multithreaded compiling, very-maybe even distributed in a network.
EAs system does not allow you to just change the WorldBuilder stream so it has an effect in every map. EAs devs themselves often made that mistake of not recompiling all the maps, so even in TW there are some maps that are built against older versions thus have different stats.
Stuff in the worldbuilder stream is loaded only on a per map basis. If the map doesn't reference it it wont show up.
You probably don't have the used .net version or maybe you have a leftover WrathEd folder in your documents folder. If so delete the 2 xml files in there.
It would be able to do that, yes.
They did use WE and it can read it, though WE has some errors in the definitions which is why it might sometimes fail to read it (and the game) correctly.
There is at least one mirror @ ppm
Just copy the content of the AllowFilter.
Add an ObjectFilter to the AttachUpdate which should equal the AllowFilter of the PassiveAreaEffectBehavior.
The standard repair drones should actually do just that.
Btw the current state of WrathEd2 can be seen here: Github.com
As tib spikes are located in the worldbuilder stream (which for the game is accessed by the map stream) you have to recompile every compiled map with the new tibspike in the xml :/ (or create a mod for the worldbuilder stream with the tibspike in it, and hexedit the map streams to reference the patched stream)
I am sorry, I had to remove the last version because the amount of bugs which were introduced by Bibber who worked on version 1.x while I was working on 2.0 were too serious to ignore. I didn't reupload an older version as at the time I figured I would be finished quite a bit earlier but rl made that impossible. There are mirrors on other pages like PPM which I would suggest to use.
Loading a skudef files will only load the streams, which is why direct extraction of files is disabled. (The extract function wont extract assets in any case, just copy/paste them, which is something which will change with version 2.0 but I don't have any idea when I will have the time to finish it)
Hmm I think the problem is that WE1 doesn't really support mod skudefs for TW. Create a copy of the file, open it with any text editor, remove the line "mod-game 1.9" and add the contents of the games own skudef.
Though you have to use absolute paths, so
"set-exe C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Command and Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars\RetailExe\1.9\cnc3game.dat"
What crash when opening TW skudef files? Works fine for me, in any case I'm again working on the new version, but as it is a complete rewrite it will take some time.
It's all about having the time and nerves to work on anything right now. I would still like to do it and invest a lot more time in it, but right now I just don't have that time, but I will continue working on it as soon as possible.
Well it went from bad to worse.
Uhm which mod? It's an sdk to create mods.
A quick update: because of some differences the downloads have been taken down. I try to bring back a new version asap but that can take a while for various rl reasons. Thanks for your patience.
You can't just do a tutorial for every tiny bit of xml...
No one asked.
You can just replace the animation in the right AnimationState element. Just copy the one from the riflemen.
So it's still dead?
Yes, might not support them 100% in the first version (as I will optimize it for TW and KW) but I plan on supporting TW, KW, RA3, and maybe BfME and BfME2.
You've got to try at least :P
The log system was imported from v2 as a quick fix that came with some other minor stuff that came in while adding a little feature Bibber needed for the audio cdata to work. This was made because I first worked on 1.6 but decided to rework some major parts of it (hence v2) so I haven't got the source of older versions anymore. v2 will log much more then start, errors, and exit.
Also at least add some description of what the error message says, "it crashes with error" doesn't help in any way to fix the problem.