This will be your guide to crashes and crash reporting. Specifically, more of the former and less of the latter.
EAQ (Excessively Asked Questions)
Q: I keep having desyncs. How can I stop it?
Q: Why does my game crash when I try to save it?
A: I'm not sure why, but it might have something to do with the unit cap. You can try keeping it to less than or equal to 1000, but my best advice would be to just not save.
Q: My game crashes when I try to start it (it being either a match or the game itself).
A: Do you really expect me to tell you how to fix something when you don't give me any information whatsoever? Please, include some of the following:
1. Did you try reinstalling the game?
1. This is always the first thing you should do.
2. Did you install everything in the correct order, or everything installed in the first place? (ModSupport, Balance, RVE, Unitport)
1. Unitport overwrites files in Revamp, so it has to be installed AFTER revamp.
3. Did you install the mod with the mod manager, or manually?
1. Manually is a bit tricker, but it works too.
4. Do you have the DLC? Because it's required, and there's a giant sign telling you that on RVE's front page.
5. What version of SC2 do you have? Do you have the latest versions of all mods you have installed?
1. Quite honestly, why would you not have the latest versions?
6. Do you have any extra mods installed?
1. I can tell you that Warp Pillars, for one, is not compatible.
7. Is your game a steam copy?
1. Only steam copies are supported.
8. When I launch the game and go to set up a skirmish, I can't see the team colors...
1. You installed the game wrong. Reinstall and re-launch. Refer to questions 3 (this one) 5, and/or 6 if necessary.
Q: I don't have the DLC. Where do I get it?
Q: I have no idea how to install this mod...
Q: The mod manager just won't work for me!
A: Then install it manually. Don't know how? See the question right above this one.
Q: The game mysteriously crashes or freezes....
A: If this happens when the game is loading, then see question two. If it's in the middle of the game, then please ask with the following info included, or as much of it as you can fit: 1. What time did the game freeze? 2. What restrictions did you have on? 3. What factions were involved? 4. What was the unit cap? 5. By the time the game crashed, did any of the AIs have experimentals? 6. What version of the mod are you using?
I'll add to this as I experience more and more issues. Now, if you still have questions, feel free to ask, but I, for one, will not respond to it unless you demonstrate some knowledge that you read this piece. And that means something more than "Well, I read it, but I'm still having problems." I'm looking for something like "Well, I read that I should try installing manually, but your video really didn't make any sense to me." Of course, bugs about the game itself are always welcome.
Thank you for your time,