Sorry I haven't stayed in touch on Mod DB. Been busy redesigning the majority of the levels on the Jazz Jackrabbit Doom TC I have been working on.
I have made a lot of progress since I last posted v2.1 in August!
Now that I got more comfortable with detail in level designing, I decided to go back, start designing from scratch on the levels that needed minor touch ups or serious attention.
What I have redesigned/completed levels:
- MAP03: DIAMONDUS AGAIN?
- MAP04: TUBELECTRIC
- MAP06: LETNI FACILITY
- MAP07: BEACHIN' BUNNY
Minor touch ups:
- MAP01: JAZZ PAD - Changed the platform area behind the house. Now it has easy to jump sectors to get back to where the player started. You now have the choice to take the platforming path behind the house, or, once the switch is flipped to open gate, a hidden area nearby will open up to a teleporter that will take you to the gate.
- MAP02: CARROTUS HQ - Changed the exit sector.
- MAP05: MEDIVO CASTLE - Changed the exit area, fixed unpegged textures or misaligned textures.
- MAP08: WATER DEPTHS - Added a hidden path to secret level, removed any errors through F4 on Doom Builder 2.
- MAP13: COLONIAL CATASTROPHE - Changed a certain texture; to avoid any confusion to the player when exiting the level.
- MAP14: SLEEPLESS NIGHT - Brought the brightness up. Too dark.
Work in progress/TBA:
- MAP09: CORRIDORS OF FANOLINT - ***WORK IN PROGRESS***
- MAP10: TANKS - *TBA*
- MAP11: CRYSILIS MINES - *TBA*
- MAP21 (SECRET LEVEL) - DOOMBALL ***ON HOLD, MOSTLY FINISHED***
Leaving As Is:
- MAPS 12,15-20 - This was around the time my level designing improved. I'm still planning on going back and look for any touch ups.
Besides the levels, I also tweaked with the enemies attacks and features, redesigned a few of the Turtle Gunner sprites... now they have more detail. I removed a few of the weapons Jazz uses. Added a new enemy, which is a Flower for level MAP09. I am doing my best when it comes to balancing the weapons. Added new textures to match the levels themes.
I am going to take my time now. I was my fault that I rushed everything. I was mostly stoked about sharing my mod to the world that I have been wanting to work on since I was 13. I will keep y'all posted for any updates. Until then, y'all have a great rest of the week.
No screenshots at this time. I'll post up screenshots when I get the chance.