☞This group consists of all kinds of people from every nation. The aim of this group is to create an enjoyable environment to be creative and having fun with what you do. This group definitely isn't just for people who like to draw, but for people who enjoy any kind of art. So, you can also a story or create some background music, whatever your skill might be. If there are any questions left, just write me a message and I will respond as soon as possible.

Forum Thread
Arctic Adventures, With the SnowTeam. Prologue and Chapter 1 (Groups : Global Union of Arts : Forum : Freestyle Zone : Arctic Adventures, With the SnowTeam. Prologue and Chapter 1) Locked
Thread Options
Admiral_Nemo
Admiral_Nemo Writer
Jun 18 2010 Anchor

This is the beginning of my story called Arctic Adventures with the Snowteam. I will be posting new chapters after I finished writing them. I hope to be able to post at least once a month.
Enjoy :D

Prologue
18.36 PM
Corey looked out over the white plains ahead of them.
- “How will we ever find them here?” She said to her team mate over the com-system. “Terrus?”
The snowstorm made it harder to see each other so she grabbed hold of the others shoulder. Her team mate looked around.
- “I have no idea, let's go back when we still can” Terrus said. “We will continue the search tomorrow”.

Meanwhile only 20 meters to the right of Corey and Terrus, two white figures where stumbling forward through the snow.
One pulled out a flare and threw it up in the air. The storm carried it further and further on the plains, nobody could have seen it.

Chapter one
19.47 PM
When Corey and Terrus came back, both were cold and tired. They approached the MRC. Lights were shining behind the many windows. They contacted the MRC control over the com-system.
-”This is Delta-team back from recon.” Terrus said “Open the damn door”
-”This is Mobile Research Center Control, welcome back.”
A door opened in front of them, the light shining out was almost blinding after the darkness of the storm. They entered.
A woman in her mid-forties approached them.
-”Did you find them?” she asked.
-”No doctor Teyus.” Terrus replied. “Their last know location was impossible to reach. We will try again tomorrow with the Snowcrawlers.

19.59 PM
Corey and Terrus joined the rest of the Delta-team, Alexandra and Max, in the MRC main observation deck.
-”Something happened out there.” Terrus said looking worried.
-”Yeh, it's not like them to get lost.” Max replied. “Unfortunately we have only 2 hours tomorrow to find them. The MRC is moving to a new location and we need all the hands available.”
Corey looked out into the darkness, she was silent.
-”Atleast the doctor gave us permission to take out three Snowcrawlers.” Alexandra said hoping to bring some good news.
-”Three?! Corey shouted. “We need at least a whole squadron!” She stood up and walked away.
The others looked at her as she disappeared down the stairs.
-”She has been like that since we came back” Said Terrus.
-”I'll talk to her.” Alexandra said.

The next morning 06.00 AM
Corey, Terrus and Alexandra each prepared their Snowcrawlers. Max would operate the GPS system from the MRC to make sure they would not get lost.
The MRC was already full of activity, people preparing to move the half a kilometer long vehicle which was divided in three platforms. The skies had to be cleared of snow and ice and the engines had to warm up. To make sure nothing went wrong, all communications personal were working on coordinating the huge operation.
As Delta-team left the MRC, people were already clearing the fifth ski. They moved along the path they came from the previous day, no tracks were visible anymore and they had to rely on their GPS system and Max to show them the way.

06.20 AM
They arrived at the last know location of the lost team. No signs of activity.
-”They are gone.” Alexandra said. “They probably tried to escape the storm.”
-”No, they would know better than making a run for the MRC. It is to easy to get lost in the storm.” Terrus said. “There must be another reason...”
-”There is a mountain to the south of you” Max said over the Com-system. “Maybe they made to the cave there, I can remember being there three weeks ago. There is a huge cave system, we never explored it all but it should have shielded them from the storm.

06.28 AM

Delta-team arrived at the entrance to the cavern.
-”We will have to continue on foot.” Terrus said. “The Snowcrawlers are not made for rocky surfaces.”
Terrus was the first to enter, the opening was just large enough for a large person to get through. The cave inside was huge though. The walls were covered with ice and it reflected the light so there was always a light source.
-”I guess we won't need these torches then.” Alexandra said. “I'll take them with me anyway. Who knows where we might end up.”
Corey was the last to enter. They moved towards the end of the cave, there was a tunnel there.
At the entrance of the tunnel Corey suddenly stopped.
-”Look!” She said.
She picked up a torch that was lying on the ground.
-”They were here.” Corey said with a voice filled with hope.
They moved down the tunnel.
Suddenly the whole tunnel shook and pieces of rock came tumbling down. Alexandra ducked and a rock the size of her fist moved inches past her head.
-”What was that?” She asked.
-”That was our exit sign. Let's go.” Terrus said and started moving back up the tunnel.
-”Where are you going?” Corey said. “We have not found them yet, we can't give up now.”
-”I hate to say it but Terrus is right. It's to dangerous here.” Alexandra said. She also started walking back up the tunnel.
-”No!” Said Corey.
She walked a bit further down, the cave shook again.
-”Corey!” Alexandra screamed.
Corey slipped and started tumbling further down the tunnel. She landed on the hard rock floor, then everything went black.

Unknown time
Corey opened her eyes. She was the cave, this she remembered.
-”Hello?”
She looked around, the passage to the tunnel was blocked. Then, she noticed the body next to her. She screamed but was unable to move. When she calmed down, she looked closer, it was Brian. Brian was the leader of Alpha-team, there were bite marks on his arms and legs. Corey looked at them, she had a growing pain in her body. Then she saw some snow falling down from above. More light shined into the cave and a figure lowered itself down. It was Alexandra.
-”Are you ok?” she asked. Then she looked at the body. “Oh my god, it's Brian.”
-”Yes.” said Corey. “I don't understand, what happened? Why has he got bite marks all over him?”
-”Come on, let's go.” Alexandra said. “There is something worse here than a freezing temperature and collapsing tunnels.”

Edited by: Admiral_Nemo

iqew
iqew Manager
Jun 18 2010 Anchor

Nice cut for a chapter, know we all want to know what will happen next :D

--

Have fun and work on new themes everyday at: Moddb.com
Or would you like to have some more time to work on a piece more thoroughly: Moddb.com
Looking for some extra fun? Create a collaboration with other artists and go crazy: Moddb.com

Admiral_Nemo
Admiral_Nemo Writer
Jun 18 2010 Anchor

By the way, the illustrated version will becoming soon ;)

Actually, for the next time, you will read this exact same timeline only from a different perspective.
You will find out what happened before Delta-team started looking and what happened after. You will find our where the MRC is moving and what happened during Coreys blackout.
More will come... :D

Chapter two is only one posts away :)

--

"Ars est celare artem" 

Jun 18 2010 Anchor

Impressive. I'm still not entirely sure what everything is supposed to look like, hope your renders will show me more. ;)

--

"thoughts create wisdom and peace"
                 the Message of the Gods

E Ran Thalan, U Maran. 
E Ran Alal, La U Athal.

Admiral_Nemo
Admiral_Nemo Writer
Jun 18 2010 Anchor

Well there are the renders here: Moddb.com They show what the SnowTeam looks like and the vehicles. The MRC needs more work and detail but I hope to have the images ready to ad to the story next week.
Thanks ;)

--

"Ars est celare artem" 

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.