☞This group consists of all kinds of people from every nation. The aim of this group is to create an enjoyable environment to be creative and having fun with what you do. This group definitely isn't just for people who like to draw, but for people who enjoy any kind of art. So, you can also a story or create some background music, whatever your skill might be. If there are any questions left, just write me a message and I will respond as soon as possible.

Forum Thread
Arctic Adventures, With the SnowTeam. Chapter 2 (Groups : Global Union of Arts : Forum : Freestyle Zone : Arctic Adventures, With the SnowTeam. Chapter 2) Locked
Thread Options
Admiral_Nemo
Admiral_Nemo Writer
Jul 3 2010 Anchor

Chapter Two
6th and 7th of February

16.11 PM One day ago, 6th of February

Dr Teyus entered the room.
- “Alright, I'm here, what is it?” She asked.
- “Let me get straight to the point.” Max said. “At 16.00 PM” We lost contact with Alpha-team who were doing research on the northern snowfields. Their signal just disappeared and their com-radio is dead.”
- “What could have happened to them?” The doctor asked concerned.
- “We don't know yet but we will have a team ready in two hours.”
Alexandra entered the room, she looked at Max.
- “No news from Terrus and Corey. They are still on the drilling platform.”
- “Could it be a simple radio malfunction?” Dr Teyus asked.
- “Eh, no sir. The Communication Systems location beacon we use sends a signal every ten minutes trough our main com-link, if they left their camp it was without the radio or the GPS.
- “Do whatever you can to find them.” Dr Teyus left the room.

18.02 PM

Max looked at the GPS screen in front of him. Nothing.
- “Do you know where their last known location was?” asked Terrus.
- “Yes, right here.” He pointed at the screen. “They were doing research on the ice in that area.”
Corey entered the room.
- “We are ready to go.” She said.
- “Alright, lets not waste time.” Terrus tapped Max on the shoulder. “Don't lose us too.”

18.30 PM

Max was staring at the same screen. Two green dots were slowly moving across the screen. They were Delta-team members Corey and Terrus.
Max tried to focus but his eyes were to tired. He went for a cup of coffee.

19.50 PM
Delta-team reported back to MRC. No luck in finding Alpha-team.
Max was concerned, the storm had made it very difficult to find the missing team and this accident started to look more and more like a catastrophe.

About ten minutes later, Corey and Terrus joined Alexandra and Max in the MRC main observation deck.
-”Something happened out there.” Terrus said looking worried.
-”Yeh, it's not like them to get lost.” Max replied. “Unfortunately we have only 2 hours tomorrow to find them. The MRC is moving to a new location and we need all the hands available.”
Corey looked out into the darkness, she was silent.
-”Atleast the doctor gave us permission to take out three Snowcrawlers.” Alexandra said hoping to bring some good news.
-”Three?! Corey shouted. “We need at least a whole squadron!” She stood up and walked away.
The others looked at her as she disappeared down the stairs.
-”She has been like that since we came back” Said Terrus.
-”I'll talk to her.” Alexandra said.

06.30 AM, 7th of February
Corey tumbled down the tunnel.
- “Corey!” Alexandra screamed.

- “Come, there is nothing we can do here.” Terrus said.
They climbed up the tunnel and entered the cave. The ground shook once more.
The snow on the floor of the cave started to move. Pieces of rock and ice moved around in circles. Then, after a loud crunching noise, a huge snake-like creature came out of the hole in the floor of the cave. It had huge eyes on either side of its head and fins to move around under the snow.
Alexandra screamed and Terrus started running towards the entrance of the cave.
The creature moved it's long tail in front of it thus blocking the exit.
- “Take a flare!” Terrus shouted towards Alexandra.
She took out a flare and threw it towards the creature. It, spun round and tried to grab the flare with it's gigantic mouth. The tail moved out away from the exit. Alexandra and Terrus started moving towards it. They made it to the entrance and climbed out. The creature now saw them disappearing and howled, it was a terrible sound that made the walls of the cave shake. Then, it slowly moved back through the hole and a creepy silence filled the cave.

Terrus and Alexandra sat down on their Snowcrawlers.
- “How do we get Corey?” Alexandra asked.
- “We could use her location beacon to find her position in the cave system. Then we will have to find another way in. I'll contact Max and tell him what happened.”
He took out the radio from his backpack.

06.55 AM
- “Stop, you are there.” said Max. “She is in the cave below you. There should be nothing but ice covering the hole, be careful.”
- “Alright.” said Terrus. He started digging in the snow.

07.05 AM
Terrus had made a hole in the ice. Alexandra tied a rope around her waste and Terrus slowly lowered her into the cave.
She saw Corey lying on the ground.
- “Are you ok?” she asked. Then she saw the body lying next to Corey. “Oh my god, it's Brian.”
- “Yes.” said Corey. “I don't understand, what happened? Why has he got bite marks all over him?”
- “Come on, let's go.” Alexandra said. “There is something worse here than a freezing temperature and collapsing tunnels.”

*To clear things up a bit. This takes place during the same timeline as the first chapter only from a different perspective. I'm still working on the illustrated version...

Thanks for reading ;)

Edited by: Admiral_Nemo

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.