A custom installer for XIII to install the base game as well as XIII+, a
comprehensive set of new features with native multiplayer support and further enhancements, ready out-of-the-box for playing.
(physical or GOG version of XIII required)
Have you ever wanted to install XIII but run into obstacles in installing and tweaking it? This release provides a revamped XIII (including brand new content) ready to go! Less fiddling, more playing.
The setup file allows you either to install XIII from scratch by using the retail version or to upgrade an existing installation.
Compatible XIII versions for new installation:
* European XIII Retail version on 4 CDs
* European XIII Retail version on DVD (e.g. Gold Games 8, Computer Bild Spiele)
* Czech XIII Retail version (thanks to Opaquit)
The upgrade-only option is meant for already existing installations, like unmodified retail versions and the GOG one which can install the base game by itself.
Patch 1.4 by Opaquit
All previous patches (1.1; 1.2; 1.3) from Ubisoft and several other bug fixes and new features. See more on Xiii.opaquit.com
Patch 220.127.116.11 by Arthur
- Applied GOG XIII version (addressing issues caused by CPU energy saving)
- New file structure:
`XIII\Skins` - for any additional skins
`XIII\Maps\BaseSP` - stock singleplayer maps
`XIII\Maps\BaseMP` - stock multiplayer maps
`XIII\Maps` - any custom maps
`XIII\System\PC` -> `XIII\System`
`XIII\TexturesPC` -> `XIII\Textures`
- Deleted `XIII\MapsUser` if empty
- Deleted `XIII\Support` and moved manual files into `XIII\Help`
- Updated `MSL.ini` with all default skins (XIIIPersosPlus.u)
- Fixed localization mistakes
- Disabled connection to the Ubi.com master server
- Removed startup logos entirely
- Optimized network settings
- Included XIII IP Join
XIII+ by Arthur
- Included CTF/4 mode resources
- Added additional GUI options inside match sessions as a shortcut to quickly switch servers, set up mutators, ...
- Map List view (to prevent hitting the combobox over 9000 times)
- Mutator support
- AutoChat: Enable automatically appearing chat messages ingame
- Players: Customize player stats like health, equipment, jumping strength, ...
- Equipment: Set default weapon, primary ammo, secondary ammo, armor, ...
- World: Set gamespeed, convert underscores in player name to whitespace
- FragFace: Replace the death skull with a custom image
- MightyFists: Use your mighty fist as weapon... or rather a special part of it
- Visuals: Enable HeadShotSFXTrigger (trigger head shot comic windows as known of single player) and possibly other effects in the future
- Online Game Service (connection to master.insidexiii.com)
- Addressed the sloppy menu cursor bug including upscaling of the cursor on higher resolutions
- Overall GUI improvements
- An ingame command list with useful functions
- Bot support in listen servers
- Shortcut keys to toggle fullscreen/window mode (F11) and to check for FPS and NET stats (F4 / F3)
- Assigned appropriate FOV values as default according to Pcgamingwiki.com
- Fixed minor issues and warnings...
- FMVs are stretched in widescreen.
To keep an 4:3 aspect ratio, see the comments for instructions.