Weapon Test Dummies is an action packed strategy/puzzle and tower defense game with over 40 unlockable turrets and abilities. Each unlock has a unique purpose, and there are dozens of strategies that can be used to beat the same level.This isn't your average tower defense either. Its not uncommon to kill hundreds or even thousands of Dummies in just a few minutes, all in the name of science!

Forum Thread
Patch 0.13 Progress 1/14 (Games : Weapon Test Dummies : Forum : Game Progress : Patch 0.13 Progress 1/14) Locked
Thread Options
Jan 14 2013 Anchor

Hi All,

I work on the game every day and try to get as much done as I can, since I haven't given an update in a few weeks, I'd thought I'd let you know how it was going.

Game Tools & Engine

A lot of progress was made so far on improving the Weapon Test Dummies game tools that I use to create the game, as detailed in my blog post here. I've also done some more work to make the game engine itself easier to maintain and improve. The more work that I put into this now, the less rework I will need to do later. New game mechanics were also added that make it possible to do things that couldn't be done before, such as multileveled terrain (more than 2 levels deep). For example, I can place walls on top of walls on top of walls (no height or depth cap). Previously I could only do 2 layers.

Many Improved Graphics/UI
The game UI is in the middle of a pretty big overhaul, with the upgrade and purchase screens completely changing to be both easier to use and better to view.

New Levels & Tileset

The next set of levels are being worked on/tested as well. The next update will have at least 5 new levels on a new tileset.

Many balance improvements/fixes

A few abilities and turrets are being balanced to make them more useful. Some graphical improvements are also being made.

So when is it coming?

I've decided on an update strategy for the game, which I think will be best for making sure it is high quality. Initially I wanted to put out updates every few weeks, but this is more likely to lead to bugs and hurt quality overall, and may annoy people if there is an update without as many changes. So, updates will probably come about every few months until the game is considered finished (very long way to go). For this update, I will be aiming for sometime in February. So the focus of the next update will be to kick the quality of the game up a notch, but also bring in some new content.

It's really hard to work a full time job and work full time on a game as well, sorry for the slow updates but hopefully it will be worth it!

Edited by: Myoid

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.