Warzone 2100 is a real-time action and strategy game set on earth in the 21st century. Upon entering the postnuclear world of Warzone 2100, you establish your base. Here you conduct research, design and manufacture vehicles, build new structures, and prepare your plans of global conquest. Each campaign features a large campaign map and six or more sub-maps. As key objectives are reached on the campaign map, missions are activated on the sub-maps. These missions are varied and feature everything from hit-and-run attacks to holding territory. The combat is fast and frantic with amazing effects and a true 3-D world with rotatable and zoomable cameras. Weapons range from bullets and lasers to explosive weapons that blast large areas of the highly detailed 3-D battlefield.
Version 2.0.5 is the latest stable release. This release was launched because of the heavily bugged 2.0.4, but we also have some new features.
2006-09-07: Version 2.0.5
* New: Added beacons for skirmish and multiplayer, can be placed on map and radar, default key combination: Alt+H
* New: Allied players send vision to each other automatically (only once)
* New: Non-Mac versions can now load Mac-created savegames and the other way round
* New: Ctrl+MouseWheel makes game speed up or slow down
* New: MouseWheel over radar makes radar zoom in/out
* New: Basic map editing in debug mode. 'w' and 'a' raise and lower terrain, 'k' flips tiles
* Fix: Nasty crashes related to (not) playing videos are fixed
* Fix: License clarification
* Fix: Playlists with DOS line endings should work now
* Fix: Improve shadow performance and fix OpenGL specs violation
* Fix: Framerate counting gives correct results now
* Commandline options:
* New: --noshadows: switches off shadows for better performance (--shadows enables them again)
* New: --nosound: switches off sound (--sound enables it again)
* Change: --viewport becomes --resolution
* Build system:
* New: MinGW32 crosscompilation support
* Change: src/version.* not used anymore. In MSVC define VERSION=\"...\" in preprocessor settings instead
* Change: Raw Makefile improvements for WIN32: Now adding an icon ressource
* Change: Install desktop icons via "make install"