You can build your factory to your liking, taking engineering, safety, costs and practicality in consideration. You'll have to manage the various steam-powered machines as well as your workforce, finances and you have to keep your customers happy by meeting their demands. You build up reputation, getting you bigger and more demanding orders but for an higher profit, while also unlocking better and bigger machines. There are 4 different industries and specialisations you can gain notority in, ranging from wood and metal to textile and food, all of which you can get orders for.
Your factories can be created in multiple historical locations such as Manchester and Hengelo, in various scenarios. This also includes a Sandbox mode in which you can go wild without restraint.
The Workers Update:
- Workers can now be hired. If and how many workers are available for hire, and how skilled they are, depends on your reputation.
- Workers can be fired as well, if they are no longer needed for example.
- Worker schedules can be set individually, thus allowing for shifts and grouping of certain workers.
- Experience is gained by a worker while they work, there are various fields in which a worker can gain experience.
- Stamina is drained while a worker is working, if it drains too far it will affect their health.
- Workers with too low health will not come to work and may be lost, so take good care of them ;)
- New management menus for the workers.
- Tooltips for worker stats.
- Various bug fixes and minor polish.
The game is still rough around the edges and though I've done my best to test and fix bugs for this release many oddities will still be present.
Don't hesitate to contact me on social media or through my support mail: firstname.lastname@example.org to report these!
New minor version of the Alpha is now released, adding Orders to the game.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
Linux version of the game. 32-bit! Steam Factory is partly a simulation, partly a tycoon game using isometric graphics. It simulates the various workings...
This is the Alpha release for Windows. Steam Factory is partly a simulation, partly a tycoon game using isometric graphics. It simulates the various workings...
No files were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the file list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Add file and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.
Waiting on Godot 4 to be released before I continue development on this game. GameMaker Studio has been fighting me too much and it's causing me to burn out. Godot 3/4 supports all the features I need for Steam Factory, plus it allows me to program stuff in C++ (when the new GDNative stuff hits in Godot 4) which is just much more performant and familiar :)
So development is paused for a while now, but I'll get back on track :)