Designed as a classic tycoon game, Ski Park Tycoon is a ski resort simulation game that will put your strategic thinking skills and creativity to the test. Featuring sophisticated micromanagement, the campaign mode offers a variety of exciting missions that take at least 15 hours to complete. Enjoy the highly addictive gameplay while the sandbox mode for unlimited playability will keep you entertained long after you accomplish your last mission.

Forum Thread
How to do level 8 - stalls? (Games : Ski Park Tycoon : Forum : General : How to do level 8 - stalls?) Locked
Thread Options
Mar 18 2013 Anchor

I've just played the demo of the game and so far I like the idea and how the game is presented. However I am unable to complete the last demo level.

I just can't get a positive balance and loose money quickly. I almost managed to get the cash bonus for having enough stalls (or not-hungry skiers), but even with my lifts bringing in lots of cash and having the prices in range of the spending limits for the expensive ones it's still a big red number in balance. I could try closing down all snowcats and maybe some rescue stations, but is that the way supposed to beat the level?
The skiers seem to be quiet happy, still not enough cash coming in from them.

Any advices? I think I'll buy the game if I can beat this level in demo ;)

Also when buying the game will I be able to take over my progress from the demo? Not that the first levels are too hard or time consuming to complete, but it would be nice.

Mar 19 2013 Anchor

Hi,
you either dont have enough skiers or prices are still low (both lifts and restaurants). You just have to get the right balance between lift ticket price - lift service quality - and skier spending limit. For example if averidge skier spending limit is 10 and lift service quality is 150% you set ticket price to 15 (+ a few bucks more). Study skiers stats and if you see any red numbers - you know whats wrong. To draw more skiers into the park you need good rating - that means happy skiers and good rescue service. I was tweaking the economy system just so its not too difficult. You should restart the mission, set up prices correct. You dont have to necessarily complete secondary objectives.

Unfortunately full and demo versions are separate installations, so you cant use saved games from demo.

Mar 19 2013 Anchor

Ah, so that's how it works together. Tried the mission already 3 times before asking here, but couldn't handle it. Thanks for the hint, now I did it and am off to purchase. :)

Spending limit is around 30 in that mission btw, most lifts have a quality of 90 or 100% except for the smallest ones. I set the prices to 12-15 on the platter lifts and most of the others just 1$ below the spending limit, the big one with 110% quality on 2 or 3 above the limit. In the stalls I've set the price to 12, since they only have 50% quality. A lot of skiers still complained about the prices, but balance was fine that way. I missed the secondary objective just by 3 or 4% of hungry people, the mission was complete in the middle of day 4. Just in case anyone stumbles upon this with a similar problem. Thanks again! :)

Edited by: Zaunpfahl

Mar 20 2013 Anchor

Yeah, being bad evil capitalist you always have to squeeze some extra cash from those poor folks.

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.