It was once your grandfather’s pride-and-joy, but your family ranch has fallen on hard times and it’s up to you to turn things around. Sitting in a remote forested valley, the dilapidated homestead will test all your abilities as you attempt to turn it into the most prosperous ranch in the region – either alone or in up to four player co-op multiplayer.
The years have not been kind to your family ranch and it will take time and money to restore it to its former glory. Buy tools from the local hardware store and purchase a range of vehicles from the garage to help with your rebuilding projects. Renovate the main house, decide what livestock you want to farm and construct the barns, pens and runs you’ll need to keep them safe and secure.
Grand building projects are one thing. Paying for them? That’ll come down to your ranching skills. Overseeing a profitable operation is all about the day-to-day. Once you’ve selected and taken on your livestock, regular feeding and watering will keep them healthy. Successful breeding and careful rearing of the young will help boost the numbers in your herds and flocks — and the more produce you have to sell, the more income you’ll receive for all that hard work.
There’s a large open-world environment outside your cosy homestead and it’s teeming with wildlife. So when you feel like slowing the pace, why not grab your trusty rifle and head out into the forest to stalk deer and hunt bears? But remember, the wilderness lives by its own laws and you aren’t the only skilled hunter in the neighbourhood. Sometimes your steady hand and sharp eyes will also be needed back on the ranch to stop hungry wolves turning your off-grid dream into a nightmare.
The December update is now live and available to download!
In our roadmap, we teased that a new cow breed was coming. We are here to announce that the breed is a beef cow and bull! These animals can breed with one another to produce calves.
We've also introduced a dairy bull, whose purpose is to breed with the existing dairy cows.
The dairy cows will produce more milk, but less meat. Whereas the beef cows will produce more meat when fattened and slaughtered, but will provide less milk.
The much requested milking machine is also being introduced. This will speed up the milking process by automating it. You'll still need to lead a dairy or beef cow to the machine and attach and remove the suction cups, but the milk goes straight into the milk can - ready for selling or turning into cheese.
It's time to get festive! We have some temporary Christmas and Winter themed in-game surprises, including snowy weather effects, and a Christmas tree that once decorated will give you a gift each in-game day! There's also fireworks temporarily available to purchase from the hardware store, so gather your friends together and have a blast!
Full Patch Notes
- New dairy bull, beef bull and beef cow breeds
- Dairy cows can now breed and will produce a calf (dairy)
- Beef cows can breed and will produce a calf (beef)
- Updated glossary addition for cows
- Added automated milking machine
- Added fireworks
- Added pregnancy indicator on the animals UI
- In the character customiser: added a Christmas hat with two colour choices, added two types of winter jackets with three colour choices each
Temporary - these will be removed on 13th January 2022
- Temporary winter theme featuring snow and blizzards
- Added Christmas radio station
- You can build a Christmas tree from the blueprints booklet (up to 3 can exist in a single save)
- Christmas tree decorations can be purchased from the hardware store, when placed on a Christmas tree, a present will appear underneath every in-game day that you can open!
- Fixed an issue where players were unable to join another's game after loading
- Fixed an instance of the game crashing when using screen capture software
- Removed nightmare wolves from the previous temporary update
- Fixed the lights previously not switching on in the retro farmhouse
- When selling milk in the milk can, the unit is now detected and displayed correctly
What's to Come
There's still more exciting new content on the way for Ranch Simulator. Check out our current Early Access roadmap if you haven't already:
Spooky season is almost here in Ranch Sim! Check it out.
Horses have arrived! Neigh. Take a look at the latest update!
The next Ranch Simulator update is almost here! Take a sneak peek.
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.