Quake 2 is another classic from id software.While not modded quite as much as it's predecessor or Q3A, it is still a blast to play and the mod's on offer are bundles of fun. Just step into Quake 2 Rocket Arena, armed with the new and almighty rocket and rail gun and you will be gibbing for hours on end.If you dig fast paced action, then load up the good ole Quake 2, fire up a mod or two and have some fun!
Made in a little less than a week during available spare hours. It started as a jokemap, then got a little bit more serious during the development. This release includes the source .map-file so you can see what it is like in an editor of choice.
OUTER OUTER BASE
by Quakeulf 2020.03.08
Tested in version 3.24 and 3.20 only.
No guarantees for other clients.
During the events of the Operation Overlord,
a marine called "Cowboy" wing-clipped a marine
known as "Bitterman" on their atmospheric entry.
This sent the marine so far off course, not even
"Bitterman" could compare.
For this, the EDF decided a search and rescue (SAR)
was in order to bring the marine back to the main
fleet, but this was not to be without complications.
The marine had crash-landed on top of a mountain,
and on that mountain was a base.
The outer outer base.
HOW TO PLAY
1. Place oobase.bsp in your maps-folder.
2. Upstart game.
3. Open up the console.
4. Type: "skill" (from 0 to 3)
5. Type: "map oobase"
6. Commence playing.
Made in a little less than a week during available
spare hours. It started as a jokemap, then got a
little bit more serious during the development.
This release includes the source .map-file so you
can see what it is like in an editor of choice.
- Readded missing healthkits.
- Readded missing brushwork from elevator pipes.
- Readded missing ammo drops from Stroggs.
- Readded moving parts for 2nd boss fight.
- Fixed stuck Infantry (Enforcer).
- Added extra help messages for main secret.
- Slightly rebalanced the difficulty.
- To Cmdr. Theodoricos for playtesting!
- To Cmdr. Theodoricos, Serge Jkn, Aqui De Rossi,
& ChoWo for making videos of their playthroughs!
- You for showing interest in this!