Finally a new update is ready to be played:
Thanks to an awesome community giving feedback and making MSW every day better and better!
After about a month of full time development this update is ready to go, but is not yet finished!
I started the first round of retexturing and sound improvements!
What does the update has more?
TONS of improvements!
the actual version is 2.99b2.2
here a "short" changelog:
- Improved overall graphics
- Bug fixes
- Improved vehicle handling
- Improved keyboard controls
- Phase 1 of sound rework
- Phase 1 of texture rework
- Improved AI
- AI now uses shield
- AI now uses all available weapons
- AI is smarter
- Gameplay AI difficulty is better balanced
- Improved AI navigation
- Added underwater shapeshiting
- Improved water texture
- Improved ocean color
- Improved underwater color and luminosity
- Added a cave in Arcipelago arena
- Improved weapons
- Improved SK-1 and changed its explosion
- Added explosion range damage for nearby explosions
- Improved antimatter weapon
- Added a shader for energy drain hits
- Better speed shader
- Added N.A.E.L. (navigational automated evolutionistic logger). It improves performances basing on what you do in game.(first implementation)
- Improved mouse sensitivity slider
- Added new wing stats such as underwater maneuvering and air maneuvering
- Some minor changes
Is now also available a short guide on commands and basic setup, you can find it here:
take a look on steam profile to learn more stuff and find out how to build a basic ship!
Don't hesitate to post on Steam or game's forums your suggestions, I'll be there to talk with you and to hear your feedback!