The galaxy is trapped in an endless cycle of extinction. Every 50,000 years an ancient machine race invades and with ruthless efficiency wipes out all advanced organic civilization. They leave behind only the scattered ruins of technology, destroying all evidence of their own existence.
The 1.01 patch for Mass Effect. Changes are mainly bug fixes. See File Details for the list.
* added some infrastructure support for additional downloadable content
* updated the image of the Batarian race in the codex
* fixed an issue where the center channel for hardware audio wouldn't play correctly sometimes
* fixed an issue where the hardware mouse pointer would disappear when first selected
* fixed an issue where Shepard did not auto-crouch when entering cover in some places
* fixed a tool-tip indicating a game restart is needed before enabling hardware or software audio if the option was changed
* fixed an issue where ambient conversation would not be heard from rear speakers sometimes
* fixed a text string to make it clearer on how to exit a vehicle
* fixed a text string so the tool top for dragging the map is clearer in French languages builds
Mass Effect Configuration Utility
* fixed a crash running on certain multi-core AMD systems
* fixed an issue where video RAM was not being reported properly on certain cards