Descend into continental Europe where the outbreak caused by Horzine Biotech’s failed experiment has quickly spread and gained unstoppable momentum, essentially paralyzing the European Union. Just one month after the conclusion of the events in the original KILLING FLOOR, the specimen clones are everywhere and civilization is in disarray; communications have failed, governments have collapsed, and military forces have been systematically eradicated. The people of Europe know survival and self-preservation too well and lucky survivors have gone into hiding. Not all have given up hope though... A group of civilians and mercenaries have banded together, paid for by Horzine, to combat the outbreak and established privately funded operation bases across Europe. Upon tracking specimen clone outbreaks, players will descend into zed-laden hot zones and exterminate them.
Shadow Zone was a private bunker of one of the important Horzine scientist. Few years ago it was upgraded for a special purpose of a experiment. After the outbreak Shadow Zone was immediately shut down and all the activity were frozen until recently it send a signal of being fully operational and working. #KF2newgrounds
Welcome back to Shadow Zone, only this time - fully remastered.
Shadow Zone was a private bunker of one of the important Horzine scientist. Few years ago it was upgraded for a special purpose of a experiment.
After the outbreak Shadow Zone was immediately shut down and all the activity were frozen. Only a few days ago it send a signal of being fully operational and working.
We send a group, 4 people, more of a scientists type, they worked there before so they knew the directions, the problem is, we've lost contact with them. You may wanna hear the log before you jump in and figure what the hell is going on.
'This is Kilo 2-4, we are entering the tunnel, heading for the objective... Garage door is opened, we're coming in... Lights are off, emergency generator is on, doors are working... Dark as hell here, no sighs of any activity... we heading for the main lab sector... Hell, I can see Shadow Project... wait, can you hear that?... '
What's so remastered about it?
- Every room were remade, now it looks better and feels like a real place. Some rooms were extended to fit more for KF2 style of gameplay.
- Fully optimized, combined pass of floors and walls. This improves performance and improves appearance of blood splatter and lighting. Distance set for every mesh .Also build with Precomputed Visibility Volumes.
- Blocking Volumes making movement and general gameplay smoother without stucking on random stuff.
- Pathing fully remade making movement for zeds easier and trader arrow will always find it's Trader Pod.
- Copyrighted content were removed.
- ZEDs spawn from a variety of locations both inside and outside the map. Portal entries are in the map and working.
- General atmospher feels like an official map!
- Stand your ground!
- All of the lights and some furniture ad destructible.
Ingame name: KF-Shadowzone_Remastered