Beware of those with experience
Experience can be a hard teacher but can make you a powerful person. Now monsters and villagers will gain experience from each kill and level up. Each level provides a boost to max hit points, health regeneration, base damage and their coin value. The HUD now shows the level next to their name and changes color based on the threat. Once they reach level 5, monsters will glow red showing they are not to be ignored.
So an experienced troll doesn’t scare you? Trolls now have a very powerful area-of-effect attack that deals massive damage to everyone in range. Even the ground isn’t safe as the hit sends fiery cracks shooting out in all directions.
Rain some arrows on your foes
Are you tired of being overrun by the horde? Build a few archer towers to bolster you defense. Each tower can hold one villager using a bow. They provide increased range and bonus arrows as well as protection from melee attacks.
Feedback and votes needed
Heldric has come a very long way in a short time. But we still need your feedback to improve the game. And if you haven’t done so already, give us a vote on steam greenlight. We didn’t make our release goal of December. With your help we can hopefully get into the next batch of titles for an early 2014 release.
Change Log Build 5121
- Added experience levels for mobs and villagers (levels 1-6)
- Added glow effect to level 5 and 6 mobs
- Added massive troll AOE attack
- Added new bow animations
- Added new building, archer tower
- Added new minimap icon for enemy (size and color change based on threat)
- Added line of sight check to all NPC archer attacks
- Added code to ensure that at least one bow is provided when fletcher is built, others have a 10% chance of receiving a bow.
- Changed Slow shrine (level1) from 50% slow to 40% but increased range from 4m to 6m
- Changed Slow shrine (level2) from 75% slow to 60% but increased range from 5m to 10m
- Changed villager melee range from 1.5m to 2m
- Changed coin cost of powder kegs from 250 to free
- Fixed player weapon change animations
- Fixed bug where villagers would warp to work zones
- Fixed some conditions that would allow villagers to slide while playing idle animations
- Fixed bug that would cause player to stop moving right after point clicked