In this puzzle game you have to prepare a path for some little guys that look like walking smarties and are called Bloops (at least for now). Those guys tend to go up and down on towers all the time and are not that much more intelligent than lemmings. They always follow one of them who is taking the lead and is leading them towards the exit. The player will have to activate floor tiles to open a way, but has to make sure that his current action to open up a way for a Bloop does not throw off a Bloop on the other side of the tower, because those floor tiles always react to the user actions in groups. The game is won when the last Bloop reaches the exit and is lost when at least one Bloop is lost.
For the later level design I need several different types of connections:
- simple bidirectional connections: static (walkways) and vines are already done
- unidirectional connections: the slide is done, maybe I will add something like a catapult later on
- "free" connections, connections that transport the bloop to somewhere not necessarily close to the current tile: Something like a teleporter or elevator are planned and are still on the todo list.
Slides can be used to easily produce a dead end, because the way back is not possible. This can be good or bad, depending on the level.
I will add a video of this thing when it is uploaded.
All connections are auto generated from a start and end point in the level, meaning the geometry and the transportation is completely generic. I could also create a slide going up, although the animation looks hilarious (maybe I will post a video of that in the category "outtakes" ^^).
The next steps for me would be:
- add one implementation of the third kind of connections
- add a better visualization of the grouping of tiles that can be activated (currently they just have the same base color, but I think of adding connection lines between them).
That is all for now, thanks for reading! :)
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.