Hi Galactic Survivalists!
We are on the home stretch for Alpha 8.0! :)
As of todays release of ‘Release Candidate 1’ (RC1) - bugfixes and polishing aside - no big changes will be made to the game as it stands now. Larger feature additions and changes will be a topic in the post-public release phase.
For the upcoming Release Candidates, testing, searching and hunting down major bugs and issues is now getting even more important. So every time you run into an issue, make a note and report it right away. Also retest older issues again.
For a proper testing procedure and bug reporting, we recommend the following preparations and workflows:
1. Go to your steam library and VERIFY your game files!
Steam > Library > Right-click Empyrion in the list > Properties > Local Files > Verify Locale Data
2. Make sure you are NOT using a custom config!
Go to this folder and check if only three files are there: Config_Example.ecf, EGroupsConfig.ecf and TraderNPCConfig.ecf: ..Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Content\Configuration
Remove or delete any other file as long as testing with the release candidates!
3. Avoid resuming any pre-Release Candidate savegame!
There is a chance that changes we made do not translate to older savegames. Especially for bugs concerning terrain, loot and other playfield configs.
Best practice: if you run into an issue with a savegame that was started BEFORE a RC has been released, please re-test the issue in a fresh new RC savegame again!
4. Additional Routine: Delete the GAME CACHE when trying to reproduce a bug!
The game cache saves some presets and may be source of a false positive reports or even be part of the problem. To make sure we have all the infos, please check the following folder when trying to reproduce a but and make a note in your report if the bug still happens AFTER clearing the cache: ..\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Saves\Cache
5. When running into a ‘Continue or Quit’ (CoQ) message,
5a. Please go to the LOGS folder ( ...\Empyrion - Galactic Survival\Logs ) , then find the folder with the HIGHEST number, pick the most recent .log file and attach the logs to your report!
5b. Add a description of what you did the last minute BEFORE the CoQ happens. Sometimes a Screenshot sent in with the CoQ is helpful as well!
5c. If you are playing on a server, do the same, but we might also need the full LOG files form the server.
Most important threads for now:
Bug Reports: Alpha 8 EXP Release Candidate 1
Bug Reports: Solar System Generator
Bug Reports: Controller and Keymapping Empyriononline.com
All feature discussion threads pinned: Empyriononline.com
Thanks a lot to everyone providing tons and tons of feedback on all the new features, helping to shape Alpha 8.0 and making it an even better game experience than before!
On behalf of the whole team: YOU ARE AWESOME!!
Now please enjoy RC1! :)
Empyrion Dev Team
CHANGELOG: Alpha Experimental 8.0.5 (Build 1666)
- When sleeping also the ticks are now advanced, resulting in regrowing of plants and constructors continuing working
- Added transparent FoW when planet has been entered from space (otherwise keep current opaque FoW)
- Supporting now gameoptions.yaml value FOWTransparency with values 0 (fully opaque) to 100 (fully transparent, FOW switched off)
- Allow to randomly place POIs (and resources) also under water or on water - on water only for POIs (floating bases)
- Added FridgeBlocks to Portable Constructor
- Added emergency booster to all HV if they are stuck in water
- Added MoonLava and MoonLava2 (Activated all new moons in random presets and also in Akua-Omicron scenario)
- Starter Planet: Added some crashed ships under water + added floating alien artifacts on water
- Major update of Alien planet: NPC spawning, terrain, stamps biomes, textures, lightning etc
- Updated MoonIce, Snow, Barren, Temperate and Lava Planets
- AkuaOmicron scenario: updated starter planet
- Updated snow planet: NPC spawning update, removed unnecessary biomes
- Added safe zones around Trading Stations
- Increased PlanetAxis for several playfields
Additions / Model Updates:
- Integrated new XL+XXL jet thrusters (set is now complete)
- Tweaked jet thrusters: V2 versions have now ring
- Updated model for Cloning station HV + medic station HV
- Exchanged model for Detector: now using an antenna (size: 1x3x1)
- Shortened S thruster nozzle to fit within 1 block space
- Increased size of Palm tree
- Reduced transparency of blood effect
- More accurate underground digout box for POIs
- Updated several thruster preview icons
- Texture Update to New Standard: warp drive, water generator, Dining bench, bathroom vanity, kitchen counter, rounded table, Turret robot, windows thick, RepairBay, BunkBed2 and Solar Panels, Elevator, Stairs, Shutter Windows, Railing Blocks, holographic screens, Antennas, Capacitor, SpyingTurret and ConsoleMS01 + removed weathering from Cockpit05 window frames to get rid of splotches
- Separated alien artifacts group into floating/non-floating.
- Updated Junk & Ruins POI: Removed personal cargo boxes as those are not used for those POI group anymore (and are not defined in .yaml so they cannot be opened)
- Updated AlienWatchTower: Added windows so player is not targeted
PDA Update: Story Mission
- Fixed Lever positions in Radar Station Main to prevent accidental destruction in combat
- Made Log Download position in Mainframe a bit more obvious
- Added more tasks for the final phase of the Radar Station / Mainframe storyline to allow a better progression
PDA Update: Knowledgebase
- Added first iteration of EXPLORERS JOURNAL to "Knowledgebase" PDA chapter, containing all creatures and some very rough information. Task Pictures not yet updated.
- Added DOCTORS JOURNAL to "Knowledgebase" PDA chapter, containing all Status Effects and their cures/remedies
- Added first iteration of BIOLOGISTS GUIDE, adding info of ingredients and drops + tips for farming and more. No Pictures added yet
Status Effect Update:
- Energy Drink, Energy Pills, Adrenaline Shot and Natural Stimulant now removes "Stunned" effect
- Vegetable Juice removes Hangover
- Optimized deco system
- Optimized AI Spawner performance
- Optimized for Recursive Constructor bulk crafting: please test extensively
How to test Recursive Constructor bulk crafting:
- put only a known number of ores in the constructor and queue up a larger number of items (maybe in the range 20..200) that need to be recursively crafted
- for the first time stay at the constructor and let it craft "normally", i.e. item by item incl. sub-queue crafting
- write down (or better: make a screenshot) of how many ores were used and what left over items (from sub-crafting) are new in the input grid
- remove all produced items, left over items and restore the ore counts - to restart the test with same conditions
- start crafting again but now quickly go far away so that the constructor is internally set in kind of an "offline" mode (or sleep during night)
- after some time go back and see if crafting continued as expected and if ore consumption and left over items are the same
- if not all is crafted yet you may wait for the rest at the constructor or go away again for some time
- Major update of deco system
- On loading a progress is shown now
- Updated Jet Thruster tech levels and added templates for V2 versions
- Set playfield seeds to 0 in Creative mode + added base back to Creative start on Akua
- Added console cmd to get drone wave state: use "aim wavestate" or "aim ws" command to have a feedback
- AI Vessel: move controller add new system of destination reached detection
- AI Space Vessel: Yaml max speed "FixedMaxSpeed" is now taken correctly into account
- AI Drone: add the new rotation controller on planet
- Added new red gas emitter for lava planet
- Enhanced console command 'deco' with parameter 'debug' to toggle 'debug boxes' to show deco removal areas
- RepairBay Console + Block now have 500 HP
- Add “Wait” timer before scanning lockout when adding Ingots to R2T Window
- Removed obsolete NPCs from spawners and spawn menu
- Improved 'stats' command: some reformatting and added global playtime
- Updated stock HV with new HV constructor (replaced old one)
- Old constructor is now marked as obsolete
- Improved: FPS drops in deep forest.
- Added better error outputs in repair bay
Sector Map Update:
- Improved sector selection frames.
- Simplified map sprites. Reset 'Iso' text to 'XYZ'.
- Adjust sector map views to frame only visible sectors
- Increase size of station collider to make selection easier in map.
- Sector map warpline tweaks.
- Dutch (partially)
- Added Vietnamese translation (partially,Thanks to Tam)
- Changed default belt slot buttons to d-pad left and right to avoid conflict with rolling
- Fixed rolling not working in spacesuit flight
- Fixed controller menu shortkeys not working in cursor mode
- Fixed: Problem that repair bay did not drop content in MP when destroyed + problem that it could not be opened by another player in MP
- Fixed: FoW discovery progress is not saved in backups
- Fixed: Exploit that R2T protector can be abused as a shield: all damage to the repair shield is now forwarded to the repair bay
- Fixed: A vessel docked to a CV causes the message 'Required repair area for this template is blocked' when trying to use the repair bay
- Fixed: Problem that AI Planet vessel did not attack reliable and had sometimes wrong altitude
- Fixed: Problem that AI planet vessel sometimes felt on the ground bug
- Fixed: AI planet vessel sometimes stopped moving when it is visible to the player.
- Fixed: Fog surrounding planets can disappear & reappear.
- Fixed: Problem that extended resource + POI radar was not indicating over the planet green wall.
- Fixed: Exception in edit/creative when teleporting in 3d map
- Fixed: Promethium node spawned empty
- Fixed: Possible to duplicate multiple motorbikes after opening & closing the player inventory
- Fixed: BA attack drones are not spawning or not approaching any bases.
- Fixed: Non-stackable items cannot be stacked even in Creative mode
- Fixed: NightTemperature was used wrong on MoonIce and Alien planet
- Fixed: Plants pickup: possible improvement for problem that plants did not regrow sometimes.
- Fixed: Troop Transport does not/cannot land + behavior improvement
- Fixed: Wrong display name of some copper asteroids in space (read "iron", should be "copper")
- Fixed: Wrong savegame gameoptions.yaml file created in local coop mode
- Fixed: Chapter description does not scroll on first load
- Fixed: Problem that FOW were showing lava emission under FOW tiles
- Fixed: Random POIs and resources count is doubled on size class 2 planets
- Fixed: Last character getting cut off in console window when horizontal scrolling is needed.
- Fixed: Constructor SV is obtained when "retrieving" constructor HV with multitool
- Fixed: Problem that FixedPlayerStart was not considered correctly in MP Creative games.
- Fixed: Problem that Starter planets were not correctly filtered via Creative/Survival in MP games.
- Fixed: R2T: Ship Type Cannot be repaired (player base)
- Fixed: Issue where input device tabs in control options screen would frequently not appear until scrolling.
- Fixed: Console spam with "entity spawner" ID not found (renamed several AI back to old names)
- Fixed: One of the POI JunkT1 was not buried enough in ground
- Fixed: Resources showing double on New Game window
Updated EAH Tool:
Patch notes - 188.8.131.52
- Added: CB:FW Whisper to faction
- Added: Eventmanager: First testable version (for more infos see full patch notes)
- Added: Gameoptions.yaml changes
- Added: Dedicated.yaml changes
- Added: Player file changes
- Fixed: Playfield Orbit set as Planet and vice versa
- Fix Dedicated.yaml GameSubMode empty