You are a God! You are master and ruler of a loyal nation. You have unimaginable powers at your disposal. You have claimed this world as yours. But there are others who stand in your way. You must defeat and destroy these pretenders. Only then can you ascend to godhood and become the new Pantokrator. When you start the game you decide what kind of god you are and how your DOMINION affects your lands and followers. It is an expression of your divine might and the faith of your followers. If your dominion dies, so do you. Your dominion also inspires your sacred warriors and gives them powers derived from your dominion. In order to win and become the one true god you have to defeat your enemies one of three different ways: conquer their lands, extinguish their dominion or claim the Thrones of Ascension. Release version and manual is available now. Manual can be downloaded from Illwinter's web page.

Forum Thread
Dom 4 Data Inspector (Games : Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension : Forum : The Council of Sages - Strategy Guides : Dom 4 Data Inspector) Locked
Thread Options 1 2 3
Dec 13 2013 Anchor

I have taken momfreeek's Dom 3 Mod Inspector and put the Dom 4 data in it. There is still a lot of functionality that does not work from the Dom 3 version, but it is possible to browse and sort vanilla Dom 4 data. The mod loading functionality does not work. I'm sure there is a lot of missing and incorrect information, but it's a start. I don't know if momfreeek is planning on updating his work for Dom 4, but I thought I would put this out there as it is a useful tool. The data is based on the dom4db and dumps from the Dominions executable.

Dom 4 Data Inspector

Dec 13 2013 Anchor

I've been waiting for this. Thank you very much for your effort!

Pymous
Pymous Mad Scientist
Dec 13 2013 Anchor

It's christmas :D
Thank you again Larzm42 :)

--

My dominons 4 maps:
- Atha Avin (81+10) (Wraparound)
- Biddyn (84+9) (Wraparound)
- Peliwyr (127+18) (Wraparound)

Dec 13 2013 Anchor

Amazing :) bookmarked ;)

Dec 13 2013 Anchor

Hmm seems like there are some errors and missing data in the dom4db. MA Marignon for example is missing units and has wrong gold/resource costs.

Dec 13 2013 Anchor

Many thanks for this.

I would advice to put a big "IN BETA" on it, and take some time to validate the data. For example, the commander of MA Agartha.

In a more long term project, adding terrain restriction on recruitable would be very useful. For example, who is coastal only in Berytos.

Dec 13 2013 Anchor

Thanks thanks thanks, times roughly 10^6...

Dec 13 2013 Anchor

Awesome!

Dec 13 2013 Anchor

With new and improved graphics, awesome!
I wish you had a dark theme too.

Do you plan on supporting major mods like "CBM"?

Dec 13 2013 Anchor

When it is finished will we be able to see specific effects of spells rather than the generic descriptions already in the game? e.g. Lightning Resistance's description "This spell makes units resistant to the damage and stun effects caused by lightning." does not specify the actual amount of resistance conferred.

Dec 13 2013 Anchor

Thank you!

Dec 13 2013 Anchor

You are awesome!

Dec 13 2013 Anchor

This is one of the most useful tools for dom3 and now for Dom4! Thankyou friend and good work!

Dec 13 2013 Anchor

:thumbup:

Dec 13 2013 Anchor

Jizz in my pants, 5/5 thanks!

Dec 13 2013 Anchor

Thanks! No longer need for using Dom3 version for Dom4 (because it's so damn convenient that I'd usually rather take a bit inaccurate information than use the alternatives).

Dec 13 2013 Anchor

I'm not sure how much you know needs work versus things you haven't noticed yet. I guess this is the place to point things out to you.

First thing I'm noticing is that a lot of nations, particularly nations that are new or have had their capital sites changed, are missing their cap recruits. Formoria and EA MAchaka are jumping out at me.

Dec 13 2013 Anchor

There seem to be quite a few mages that don't have their magic paths displayed, not sure why.

Edit: Seems like mages that are listed as commanders in the type column display magic fine, but ones listed as mages don't.

Edited by: Admiral_Aorta

Dec 13 2013 Anchor

Larzm42 wrote: I have taken momfreeek's Dom 3 Mod Inspector and put the Dom 4 data in it. There is still a lot of functionality that does not work from the Dom 3 version, but it is possible to browse and sort vanilla Dom 4 data. The mod loading functionality does not work. I'm sure there is a lot of missing and incorrect information, but it's a start. I don't know if momfreeek is planning on updating his work for Dom 4, but I thought I would put this out there as it is a useful tool. The data is based on the dom4db and dumps from the Dominions executable.

Nice work, Larzm42.

Btw, I am developing a data dumper which extracts from the Dominions executable and puts the data into a relational database. This is a follow-on to work I did in making some text dumps earlier. You can download a sample SQLite3 database file here if you are interested. (Even though the text dumps included weapons and spells, I have not yet converted the code to populate tables with those yet. That might be done as early as this weekend. Armors are in though, along with various tables of constants, such as effect mask values, special damage values, enchantment IDs, etc.... An advantage to the relational database extractor, once completed, is that it can automatically update a data set shortly after a new Dominions release (supposing no drastic changes in the internal structure of the stored data).

Dec 14 2013 Anchor

The type columns (all three) in the Dom4 DB should NOT be used for anything in derivative tools. Those columns are there strictly for ease of sorting things in the DB using filters, nothing more. It is not Dominions data, it's user added metadata and in all ways inherently unreliable. Something like the mod inspector should ignore it completely.

Dec 14 2013 Anchor

Speleothing wrote: I'm not sure how much you know needs work versus things you haven't noticed yet. I guess this is the place to point things out to you.

First thing I'm noticing is that a lot of nations, particularly nations that are new or have had their capital sites changed, are missing their cap recruits. Formoria and EA MAchaka are jumping out at me.

Yeah, it seems a good place to list "bugs" or short of info issues.

--

I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay / I sleep all night and I work all day / I cut down trees / I skip and jump / I like to press wild flowers

My Videos / My Guides 

Dec 14 2013 Anchor

This is great thank you! I used the one for dominions3 a lot and predict the same for dominions4.

Dec 14 2013 Anchor

tewey wrote: Hmm seems like there are some errors and missing data in the dom4db. MA Marignon for example is missing units and has wrong gold/resource costs.

Yeah, there is some missing and incorrect data. Ths can be fixed as it is found and pointed out.

varsovie_pat wrote: With new and improved graphics, awesome!
I wish you had a dark theme too.

Do you plan on supporting major mods like "CBM"?

Yeah, I would eventually like to get mod loading supporting working again. Then any mod could be viewed.

KateMicucci wrote: When it is finished will we be able to see specific effects of spells rather than the generic descriptions already in the game? e.g. Lightning Resistance's description "This spell makes units resistant to the damage and stun effects caused by lightning." does not specify the actual amount of resistance conferred.

Yes, I would like to have more complete data availabe.

Admiral_Aorta wrote: There seem to be quite a few mages that don't have their magic paths displayed, not sure why.

Edit: Seems like mages that are listed as commanders in the type column display magic fine, but ones listed as mages don't.

I'll get this fixed soon.

_noblesse_oblige_ wrote:

Nice work, Larzm42.

Btw, I am developing a data dumper which extracts from the Dominions executable and puts the data into a relational database. This is a follow-on to work I did in making some text dumps earlier. You can download a sample SQLite3 database file here if you are interested. (Even though the text dumps included weapons and spells, I have not yet converted the code to populate tables with those yet. That might be done as early as this weekend. Armors are in though, along with various tables of constants, such as effect mask values, special damage values, enchantment IDs, etc.... An advantage to the relational database extractor, once completed, is that it can automatically update a data set shortly after a new Dominions release (supposing no drastic changes in the internal structure of the stored data).

I took a look at this data and it would be awesome! This would make more complete and accurate data to display and not have to worry about changes introduced with patches. This would be the ideal way to go for viewing the data. Keep us updated on your progress.

Dec 15 2013 Anchor

Check "starspawn" for R'lyeh, one of them isn't listed proprely and appear as having no nation.
Also some item property search does not work, like all the gemgen (t* and g*).

And again, good work.

Dec 17 2013 Anchor

Is there a way to load a corrected version of the dom4db ? Or to directly fix the datas ?

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.