You are a God! You are master and ruler of a loyal nation. You have unimaginable powers at your disposal. You have claimed this world as yours. But there are others who stand in your way. You must defeat and destroy these pretenders. Only then can you ascend to godhood and become the new Pantokrator. When you start the game you decide what kind of god you are and how your DOMINION affects your lands and followers. It is an expression of your divine might and the faith of your followers. If your dominion dies, so do you. Your dominion also inspires your sacred warriors and gives them powers derived from your dominion. In order to win and become the one true god you have to defeat your enemies one of three different ways: conquer their lands, extinguish their dominion or claim the Thrones of Ascension. Release version and manual is available now. Manual can be downloaded from Illwinter's web page.

Forum Thread
10-12 EA New/Decent Players Game, one turn a day (Games : Dominions 4: Thrones of Ascension : Forum : Arena of the Gods - MP Games : 10-12 EA New/Decent Players Game, one turn a day) Locked
Thread Options 1 2 3 4 5
Dec 15 2013 Anchor

EDIT: Game is gonig to be remade. Sorry guys. We now have one spot open for someone if interested please post.

So this will be hosted on llamaserver for 10-12 players. I am looking for a game where we get one turn off per day, so please be committed to play a small amount each day. I am a relatively new player so other newbiew//slighlty exerienced are welcome to join. Nation selection will be first come first serve, once I see if there is interest than a game will be made on llamaserver. Also, post any map preferences or any other settings if you disagree with them. I personally do not like score graphs at all.

Hosted on: llamaservers
Game Name: TwelveManBrawl
Players: 10-12
Settings: Default
Score Charts: Off
Skill Level: New/Decent
Commitment: One turn per day (can make exceptions due to holidays if there are issues, just want to have a nice steady game going on)

Thrones

9 lvl 1
2 lvl 2
1 lvl 3
Pts to win, 8

Players
1. Purpherb - Hinnom
2. Ryanza - Mictlan
3. Parone - Jotunheim or Utgard
4. Gzar - Abyssia
5. Kasnavada - Kailasa
6. Jushak - Pangaea
7. Baldanders - Vanheim
8. Red_Rob - Tien'Chi
9. PervyKai - Caelum
10. h05s - VC'Tis
11. ElTiozo - Tir No'Nog
Map: Urraparand

Edited by: purpherb

Dec 15 2013 Anchor

Sign me up for Mictlan. Urraparand would be a nice map to use.

Dec 15 2013 Anchor

I'd like to play. I'll try Jotun/Utgard, whoever the EA giants are...

Dec 15 2013 Anchor

I was actually thinking of Urraparand myself so if that works for everyone else than thats what well go with

I am going to play Hinnom

Dec 15 2013 Anchor

Entering with Abysia

Dec 15 2013 Anchor

Are you pausing a few days for christmas ?

If yes I'd like to play as Kailasa.

Dec 15 2013 Anchor

parone wrote: I'd like to play. I'll try Jotun/Utgard, whoever the EA giants are...

Niefelheim, Hinnom and Fomoria all have some sort of giants I think. Niefelheim are the frost giants though, which I assume you were looking for, based on nations you mentioned.

I would be interested in trying my hand at Pangaea.

Dec 15 2013 Anchor

Yes for Christmas I can make the turn timer longer. I understand the holidays and will adjust as needed. Also, as long as people are for the most part on schedule, if there is a necessary pause for a couple days I am not going to just kick someone out,I want this game to last until the end.

Dec 15 2013 Anchor

I'll take Vanheim

Dec 15 2013 Anchor

I'll throw my hat in as Tien'Chi.

Dec 15 2013 Anchor

What is everyones thought on artifact forging limit, and rndom event frequency. I like rare events and no artifavt limit but I am not very knowledgable on the effects of unlimited artifacts so yeah.

Dec 15 2013 Anchor

Any place for R'Lyeh?

Edit : Is this game via server or PBEM?

I'm out, sorry but I'm not interested in PBEM. You gonna have to find someone else to mindblast.

Edited by: varsovie_pat

Dec 15 2013 Anchor

The artifacts per turn setting? It doesn't make a big difference in practice, but having it one-per-turn means that even if someone is second to construction 8 research, he still has some artifacts left to forge (unless he is 10 turns late and they're all forged anyway)

Event frequency of common is normal for PBEM games I think, since you only play 1 turn a day it's nice to see some random stuff happening every turn.

Dec 15 2013 Anchor

Limited artifacts are good. It makes little difference anyway with slowed research in Dom4.

No opinion on random events since I have luck 0 but I feel luck scales are balanced for common events. With rare events luck is in no way worth it and misfortune can be very attractive. With common I feel they're more balanced with other scales.

I also like score graphs turned on. They give you some extra info you wouldn't otherwise have, yeah. But you can see relative power of the nations and it promotes leader bashing which is very good. Think of them as rumors you can hear from around the world. Otherwise you have no idea what is going on aside from your immediate neighbors.

Edited by: Gzar

Dec 15 2013 Anchor

Game has been created on llamaserver, game name is TwelveManBrawl. For those unfamiliar with this, there is a FAQ you can read. You need to send the pretender god file to a pretenders[ at ]llamaserver[dot]net to join the game for those who dont know. Start joining when your ready guys!

We still have room for a few more. Post your nation to get a spot.

Dec 15 2013 Anchor

Hey go ahead and sign me up for Sauromatia

Dec 15 2013 Anchor

Put me down for C'tis.

Dec 15 2013 Anchor

I would like to participate too !
Tir Na nog please

Dec 15 2013 Anchor

varsovie_pat wrote: Any place for R'Lyeh?

Edit : Is this game via server or PBEM?

I'm out, sorry but I'm not interested in PBEM. You gonna have to find someone else to mindblast.

Just making sure it doesn't get lost.

Dec 15 2013 Anchor

Thanks did not see that.

Room for one more now so post if you want in. Have almost every pretender so game should be starting tomorrow it looks like!

Dec 15 2013 Anchor

still have a spot?? I would like to give it a try, never played MP thou,

no problem for one turn/day with me

Dec 15 2013 Anchor

Aquila yes your rhe last one in. Its hosted on llama server so you need to make a pretender from your nation and email it with TwelveManBrawl as the subject to get in. Check out rhe faq if you haven't already about how to play a llamaservee game. Also check out the list of nations already selected so you don't choose one that someone else has.

Dec 16 2013 Anchor

I'm in, there seems to be only one left !

Dec 16 2013 Anchor

So yea were waiting on one player. Whoever you are you have a few hours and than the games going to start so please try to send in your pretender ASAP.

Dec 16 2013 Anchor

Can i join with Lanka?

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.