Claustrophobia: The Downward Struggle is an indie RPG roguelike, with a retro graphic style and a terrible sense of humour. The game takes place in a series of ever descending randomly generated dungeon floors, packed full of monsters to slaughter and loot to pillage. The game plays like a traditional roguelike, but with a clean UI, a slick, action orientated combat system, and a massive range of enemy types, skills, gear and room designs. With features like crafting, skill trees, characters development, and just-one-more-room style gameplay, Claustrophobia is a love letter to traditional RPG rougelikes. Create your ideal hero, build your own custom class, then set out on your quest for glory, slaughter, and anything shiny!

Forum Thread
1.1.4 bugs (Games : Claustrophobia: The Downward Struggle : Forum : Bug Report : 1.1.4 bugs) Locked
Thread Options
Sep 26 2013 Anchor

If you use scroll of remove curse on a cursed item in your inventory(not equipt) the item disappear.The game sometime crashed if i use a teleporter.I am level 14 on floor 6 and i can still just find items max level 3 the only way to get higher tier items is crafting(but i cant find high level craftig items)((i often save and load maybe thats the reason)).There is no recipe for Gunge Unidentified Gunge.

Edited by: Impaxt

Sep 26 2013 Anchor

Umm, right, those sound pretty major. Give me a minute to have a look into what's going on here.

Thanks,
~TheIndieForge

Right, I have fixed the Curse bug (that'll teach me to edit last minute and not bug test). Unidentified Gunge is currently a "dead" item left over from the old alchemy system, which will be removed/re-purposed soon. I can't replicate the item spawning bug, items I find appear to be the correct level; nor the teleporter bug. Do you have a save file you could upload to the likes of Dropbox, etc, that I could see?

Thanks,
~TheIndieForge

Sep 26 2013 Anchor

huhu

thx for the fast reply:)

here is the savegame link:)
Dropbox.com

Edited by: Impaxt

Sep 26 2013 Anchor

Thank you, that file was really helpful. I've identified the problems and an emergency hotfix is on the way!
I have no idea what actually caused your file to stop updating the item database, but it prompted me to rewrite the system so that items are based on floors rather than player level, which I've been meaning to do for a while. It should be working now.
On a side note, the enemies you were up against were WAY too powerful, and some rescaling has also taken place.

Thanks,
~TheIndieForge

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.