Claustrophobia: The Downward Struggle is an indie RPG roguelike, with a retro graphic style and a terrible sense of humour. The game takes place in a series of ever descending randomly generated dungeon floors, packed full of monsters to slaughter and loot to pillage. The game plays like a traditional roguelike, but with a clean UI, a slick, action orientated combat system, and a massive range of enemy types, skills, gear and room designs. With features like crafting, skill trees, characters development, and just-one-more-room style gameplay, Claustrophobia is a love letter to traditional RPG rougelikes. Create your ideal hero, build your own custom class, then set out on your quest for glory, slaughter, and anything shiny!

Forum Thread
1.0.9 Bug (Games : Claustrophobia: The Downward Struggle : Forum : Game Feedback : 1.0.9 Bug) Locked
Thread Options
Apr 5 2013 Anchor

Hi,

In 1.0.9. Archers can kill you through Walls.

Cheers

Apr 5 2013 Anchor

What do you mean through walls? Directly through walls wouldn't be possible, but I can see how it could happen at some angles.
~TheIndieForge

Apr 5 2013 Anchor

After entering a Room i see a Zombie and a Archer. I retreated into a corridor trying to kite the undead. The Zombie follows and the Archer keep shooting @ me through the wall i was 4 Steps under the door for the Monster room, normaly a blind Spot for the Archer.

Cheers

Edited by: Richtschwert

Apr 5 2013 Anchor

Hmm, that doesn't sound right at all. I've never heard of that happening. Were you using any particular skills or doing anything that may have had an effect on the archer's behavior?

Apr 6 2013 Anchor

Dear TIF, Nope playing as Berserker no skill active.

Apr 6 2013 Anchor

Hmm, I'll have to check that out.
~TheIndieForge

Apr 6 2013 Anchor

When i encounter the Bug Again i will make a screenshot.

BTW. AWESOME GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello, i encounter the following: left single Door, three wall Pieces, right Single Door.
I opend the left one. Both Doors lead into one Room with two Archers. Remember only left Door open.
The 1st Archer is behind the left Door, the 2nd behind the right Door. Left Archer begin his Attack after a Round the 2nd Archer follows
and again the right Archer shoots through the Wall @ me. Within a few Rounds im plasterd in Arrows. *Auch*

Cheers from frosty & rainy Germany

Apr 7 2013 Anchor

Interesting, I'll recreate that senario and see what's going on with their AI, they seem a little confused :P
Thanks,
~TheIndieForge

Apr 7 2013 Anchor

Thank you, keep up the good Work. We Indie/Retro Gamer appreciate that.....

Best Regards

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.