In case you haven't been on the IRC in a while, there's been a lot of behind the scenes development going on with Blockade Runner! Just to sum some of it up: We're focusing on having you start alone or with your friends on a random asteroid that you and your friends have to work your way off of at the beginning of the game.
You and your friends will be tasked with building your first ship from what you can find (we're considering alternatives for you to spawn a ship more immediately) and boldly launch into space to begin your quest of galactic domination! Characters and the galaxy will also soon be persistent, so everything you do will leave an impact in the galaxy.
Essentially, we're getting to the gameplay side of Blockade Runner!
- Solo/Multiplayer much more stable! (We demand perfection!)
- Diablo 2-style inventory (items can take up larger slot space in inventory)
- Full droppable / collectable items in multiplayer
- 6 slots for selecting your current item
- Crafting mechanics have begun!
- Automatic file backups of ships in the editor
- Character movement has been revamped
- Repaired lighting engine
- Atmosphere generators for asteroids (Genesis Device perhaps?)
This is just a few items from the 80+ item changelog including many bug fixes and new minor mechanics. We hope to be at around 100 by next week, with the update being out when it's ready. Otherwise just hang tight and visit the forums and IRC in the coming weeks for upcoming test builds!