The Battle for Wesnoth is a Free, turn-based tactical strategy game with a high fantasy theme, featuring both single-player, and online/hotseat multiplayer combat. Fight a desperate battle to reclaim the throne of Wesnoth, or take hand in any number of other adventures. Easily modifiable. You can even download other users' add-ons from the main menu.
The latest version of this free game. There have been many updates, enhancements and bug fixes. See full details.
* A Tale of Two Brothers:
* What the correct passwords for 'Guarded Castle' are is now randomized in
the previous scenario.
* 'Hide and Seek' mostly rewritten and it now has a bigger map with
randomly placed guards.
* The South Guard
* Now the player has to kill the fake M'Brin in 'Choice in the Fog'
instead of just attacking once.
* Language and translations
* Updated translations: Chinese, Czech, Danish, Finnish, French, German,
Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Lithuanian, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil),
* Revised maps: Hamlets
* Recruitment OOS is fatal now.
* The next scenario now properly loads the recall list.
* Sound and music
* New or improved sounds: ogre hit and die, multiplayer chat.
* Unit changes and balancing
* All lvl 2 outlaw units can now advance to lvl 3 in all campaigns and
* The default AMLA for all max-level units is now +3 max HP, +20% max XP and
healing to full.
* The standard AMLA XP limit upped from 100 to 150.
* Replaced the fullheal AMLA of the Necrophage with a feeding ability,
giving it +1 max HP for every living enemy killed.
* User interface
* Display the race in the unit preview panel.
* Allow to use team labels also for 1-player-teams (bug #9747).
* Show 'back to round xxx' also in 800 x 600 resolution.
* The "1 turn to reach" of the movement hint is now used only for
multi-turns move, instead icons show ZoC and village capture ending the
* Turn to reach numbers also works when bigger than 9 and without
* Display an icon into the movement hint where the unit can be invisible and
the sidebar icon is now about the current status of the unit.
* Middle mouse button now do a progressive scrolling when kept pressed,
speed and direction depend of the the position of the mouse relatively to
the center of the view.
* In help, sections are now opened by clicking on the book icon or
double-clicking on its title.
* Each section has now an associated page with general info and links to its
* Miscellaneous and bug fixes
* Replaced the 'Binary Saves' option with 'Compressed Saves' and now
writes gzip files.
* Fixed an undo related bug causing OOS in multiplayer.
* Load the recall list with a start of scenario save.