The Battle for Wesnoth is a Free, turn-based tactical strategy game with a high fantasy theme, featuring both single-player, and online/hotseat multiplayer combat. Fight a desperate battle to reclaim the throne of Wesnoth, or take hand in any number of other adventures. Easily modifiable. You can even download other users' add-ons from the main menu.
Wesnoth 1.2.7 has been released. The main reason for this release was a security vulnerability of the multiplayer part. An invalid utf-8 string could make other clients crash.
* language and i18n:
* updated translations: Czech, Danish, Dutch, French, German, Italian,
Japanese, Polish, Portuguese (Brazil), Serbian, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish
* new translation: Serbian (Latin version)
* updated DejaVu font to 2.20
* added sazanami-gothic font (needed for the Japanese translation)
* multiplayer maps:
* revised maps: Blitz, Cynsaun Battlefield, Hamlets, Meteor Lake
* fixed a crash if the client recieves invalid utf-8
* fixed a server side bug with could cause invalid utf-8 being send to a
* really fix the trait OOS so it works correctly on Windows as well
* map label length is correctly determined for multibyte
characters (bug #6855)