Alpha 0.3 Release!
The biggest release to date, new features, new gamemode and more to do!
- Character Menu: Now you can choose your character for Death Matches as well as setup your in game name. While there is only currently 2 to choose from, implementing more is a lot easier.
- Bots: Bots in matches are now more controlled by the host, allowing for 0-4 bots in a game than dedicated levels to the bots.
- New Gameplay: 0.2 was a FPS at best, in 0.3 I've overhauled the camera and controls to a more original style of the game. New 3rd person camera and right click to aim & use first person.
- New Weapons and Mechanics: There are now 5 weapons currently in BFDR! The Uzi, Sniper Rifle, Bazooka, Rifle and Grenades. Players now have to equip to their grenades to jump using G and can only hold one weapon at a time.
- New Gamemode: BFDR now has TDM and DM, while functioning with players, they still have a few bugs with bots.
- New Visuals: BFDR now has Squirrels and Tediz, animations are still in development. Colours now has improved, more modern visuals overall.
- Old Sounds: Yes old sounds, as in the old sounds from the original game are now in BFDR. While they still need a bit of work, you'll be hearing your favorite bullet buzzes going past you ears!
Bad Fur Day Remake 0.3 while being the most stable and biggest release, it is still under heavy development and contains bugs. If you have a problem or find a bug post it on the forums.
As always, finding the time to work on BFDR is hard and its so time consuming to get lots working. With this latest version however my work will be more focused on fixing and adding things than creating entire new systems. There is always lots to be done, lots to fix but I want to give something to those who've been waiting patiently, even if its not completed. Thanks for those who've been following BFDR over this long period.