Cincinnati, OH – Jennifer Brandes Hepler, whose departure from Bioware made news last month, has announced her intention to join fledgling Cincinnati game developer Loreful in their development of "Ambrov X: A Sime~Gen Roleplaying Game." “Ambrov X” is a science fiction RPG focusing on a future humanity that has split into two separate and symbiotic races, forcing players’ characters to enter a tight, emotional, both predatory and romantic relationship with a single bonded companion character.The game is being partially funded through Kickstarter; its campaign begins on September 3rd and ends on October 4th, 2013. Loreful will be seeking a minimum investment of $500,000 and will bring Jennifer Brandes Hepler onto the "Ambrov X" team when it reaches its $750,000 stretch goal. Jennifer will take on the role of Lead Writer and Narrative Designer, spearheading the effort to bring emotionally engaging dialogue and memorable characters to "Ambrov X."For further information on Ambrov X and to pledge your support, visit the Kickstarter page: Kickstarter.com
About "Ambrov X"
"Ambrov X" is an episodic RPG set in the award-winning Sime~Gen Universe created by Jacqueline Lichtenberg and Jean Lorrah. With "Ambrov X," we aim to create a rich, story-driven experience that delves deep into emotional themes, coupled with breath-taking action and adventure.
- "Ambrov X" is a 3D, single-player, action role-playing game.
- You will play a single character and choose from two species -- Sime and Gen -- and one of four classes.
- You will be joined by a single companion of the opposite species and you may choose their gender.
- The game is Fully-Voiced with Cinematic Dialogue Scenes.
- The game will be released in 5 Episodes ranging from 3-5 hours each.
- The game is being developed in the Unity engine for Windows, OS X, Linux with alternate releases for iOS, Android, PS 4 and XBOX to be released at a later date.
- The game will be available in English, French, German, Italian, Russian and Spanish.
- "Ambrov X" will be distributed DRM-Free for Windows, OS X and Linux.
About Jennifer Brandes Hepler
Jennifer Brandes Hepler has been a professional game writer since she began writing for "Shadowrun" at 19 years old, contributing to numerous supplements and co-authoring the well-received “Cyberpirates.” After a brief stint in Hollywood on the CBS television show “The Agency,” Jennifer began writing for Bioware, serving in a senior creative role on both the "Dragon Age" and "Star Wars: The Old Republic" franchises. Known, respectively, for her development of the dwarven culture in “Dragon Age: Origins,” the Smuggler in "Star Wars: The Old Republic," and for blowing up the Chantry and leading the mage rebellion in “Dragon Age II,” Jennifer has most recently served as senior writer on “Dragon Age: Inquisition.” Despite having been the unfortunate target of a highly public internet harassment campaign, she is looking forward to helping to launch a new generation of RPGs.
Loreful was founded in 2012 by award-winning Creative Director Aharon Cagle, with the mission to create "evolutionary role-playing video games that engage players in compelling experiences". More information about Loreful can be found at www.loreful.com or on Twitter @Loreful