Every planet is a choice. Every choice has a consequence. The Zenith Remnant is the first expansion to Arcen Games' hit space-based indie RTS/4X hybrid, AI War: Fleet Command. This expansion includes a massive amount of new content that bring the galaxy to life in exciting ways. Capturables, special AI ships, and ancient alien artifacts litter the cosmos, making your choices as a player more varied than ever. Do you risk total war with the AI by capturing and rebuilding a massive golem? Do you procure defensive superweapons from Zenith traders? AI War is known for being heavily strategic even amongst strategy games, and The Zenith Remnant takes it to new heights.
This is both the demo and the full version of the expansion. Players who wish to unlock the full version from the demo can purchase a license key from the Arcen Games website or any of AI War's online distributors (Steam, Impulse, Direct2Drive, GamersGate, etc). Players will need the base game of AI War (full version or demo is fine) to install this expansion.
If you already have AI War 3.0 or greater installed, you can simply hit the Updates button in the Main Menu of the game, and then click the "Content For The Zenith Remnant" button to download and install the expansion. Alternatively, you can download the expansion package manually from this site.
To install the expansion package if you manually download it:
1. Run version 3.0 or higher of AI War: Fleet Command.
2. Click the "Updates" button on the main menu.
3. Click the "Install Manually-Downloaded Update" button in the updates menu.
4. Select the update zip file, and hit "Open."
5. Then just click OK a few times as the game analyzes the update, shuts down, installs the update, and restarts.
1. If you have the base game, and install the expansion, you will go into trial mode of the expansion. Feel free to explore the expansion that way, but if you want to go back to full mode without buying the expansion, simply go into Settings, Expansions, and turn off the expansion. If you have bought the expansion, simply enter your license key on that same settings window.
2. If you want to update an old savegame to the expansion, simply type "cmd:activate expansion 1" (without quotes). This includes enabling the expansion ship classes, as well as enabling golems and other new capturables, although the population of those capturables is likely to be different from what it would have been if the expansion had been turned on from the start of the campaign given the same seed and other settings. There is no way to disable the expansion for an existing game, however, so be sure not to save over your existing file if you want to go back to the non-expansion version of the game.