Afterwind is a free multiplayer strategy, playable entirely in your browser (with Silverlight). In the best traditions of Risk and Civilization, you fight against other players for world domination on a real world map, with 200 countries and 500 cities. Free unit movement - no grids or predetermined paths. Up to 20 players in one game, simultaneous turns. Free to play! (Afterwind.com)
After months of hard work, atWar is finally open to everyone. We have said our goodbyes to Afterwind, and are now looking steadily into the future. Some of the players are rather overly-nostalgic - but this is always unavoidable, unless we decide to halt all progress on the game. Personally, we are rather pleased with the result and are really excited about all the custom maps and scenarios popping up.
New features include:
- Custom maps! We've already got dozens of fantastic user-made maps, including Westeros (Game of Thrones), Middle-earth (Lord of the Rings) and detailed regional maps. You can create your own maps, scenarios and units as well with a built-in editor!
- Population casualties. City population now receives collateral damage when a city is attacked. This new mechanic influences city income and reinforcements.
- Game interface got a major facelift and additional graphics and animation were added.
- The game changed the name to atWar, with the new address: Atwar-game.com
- Watch the new unreasonably epic trailer here: Youtube.com
There's a lot more - read the full release notes here: Atwar-game.com
After five months in beta, we had decided the game was stable enough for a v1.0 release. Bugs have been pretty much eradicated, lots of new features added...
New in this release: Team & private games, updated diplomacy menu, submarines can now carry marines, ability to change strategy after joining the...
No articles were found matching the criteria specified. We suggest you try the article list with no filter applied, to browse all available. Post article and help us achieve our mission of showcasing the best content from all developers. Join now to share your own content, we welcome creators and consumers alike and look forward to your comments.
Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.
I will try it mates ;)
How do I download it?
Amazing game, you should try it. It's like an enhanced and improved, much bigger version of Risk.
have you tried their latest game atWar? It is an update of Afterwind, atWar is also on this site
Great game. If you are into strategic games at all this gets really addictive xD
Looks interesting :)
Looks like a Game of Total war!