Once told an inventory/item system with animation compatibility (exchange weapons, shields and more on the fly) to be impossible, now here is the proof of the contrary. Tribute to my friends that are all that matters to me.
- Stacked entities can add to existing prop points.
- They can also replace the purely visual props entirely and take their place.
- Active Items can change the simulation stats, e.g. give attack or magic capabilities boni or protect the wearer from damage.
- Animation per item can differ from its parent, e.g. you could have the unit's arms to move depending on the weapon that is attached instead of inheriting the parent animation.
- Units can bear different items in the backpack (only strength, weight, volume are the limits) and can decide to use certain items of their inventory.
- A GUI for attaching/handling active items has yet to be written, a draft is in the works.
Here the video to show that 'impossible' is not really an option, no matter how difficult, nothing is impossible. Didn't Ancient philosophers figure the same? ok, whew, enjoy:
Further improving the inventory and stackable entity systems. Getting into the rendering to warmup for finally adding seasons.
Mounted knight featuring Animation Rework #1 (animation rewrite + reversable animations) and #2 (transition animations) is still in the works and might take some more time.