Forum Thread
half life 2 cd key.. (Forums : Tech Support : half life 2 cd key..) Locked
Thread Options
cheeseyballz
cheeseyballz 100% Pretty Cool
Dec 15 2005 Anchor

i bought a half life 2 game from ebay. The person has now oviously used the key and it doesnt work. He said nothing of it being used and thats complete bullshit. I dont want to send 10 dollars to valve unless i can do it by credit card. Can someone help? i want to use half life 2 so badly! :(

Dec 15 2005 Anchor

use the devil's ways and use a piracy action; get a key generator, write the cd keys down that are shown on the preview images on ebay or the boxes in the stores. 8)

cheeseyballz
Dec 15 2005 Anchor

Well what i want to kno is can someone look in their valve manual and give me their support number?

Dec 15 2005 Anchor

i'd do it for you, but i don't have one to look in. sorry, mate! :)

Edited by (in order): mrhatch, mrhatch, mrhatch

cheeseyballz
Dec 15 2005 Anchor

damn ty ne wayz, anyone else have a manual to tell me :? please!

Seyiji
O
N
L
I
N
E
Seyiji Explosion Marks!
Dec 15 2005 Anchor

AFAIK the game never came with a manual :\

Try valves support site

--

Obey the Carrot!

BillyChaka
BillyChaka I'm a killer
Dec 15 2005 Anchor

that sucks man, sorry.

--

User Posted Image

Dec 15 2005 Anchor

I told you to double check since you bought it from ebay :P

You can also report the guy to ebay ;)

Dragonlord
Dragonlord Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue
Dec 15 2005 Anchor

just looked into ma hl2 case. there's no manual in there, just a shody little paper with the input keys (like a former hl gamer would not find them out ^_^ ).you need to look up their web-page.

but don't get hopefull... i have not heard of one yet getting his cd-key back in such a way... <.=.<

cheeseyballz
Dec 15 2005 Anchor

Rahh, im soo sad now :( i checked and it says comes with CD key and disks! nothing about it being used!!

Dec 15 2005 Anchor

cheeseyballz wrote: Rahh, im soo sad now :( i checked and it says comes with CD key and disks! nothing about it being used!!

Don't use ebay by yourself ever again -_-

Christmas/Hanukkah is right around the corner. Ask for it. Or just save up.

cheeseyballz
Dec 15 2005 Anchor

i know how to use ebay, dont treat me like im 5 lol this is the first time iv been duped!

chis
chis Old man.
Dec 15 2005 Anchor

Why the fuck would you buy a cd key off ebay? That's the most rediculous thing EVER ..sorry

If you've lost your CD key, you contact valve, not a god damn ebay seller

--

Nothing.

cheeseyballz
Dec 15 2005 Anchor

Nooo i bought disks with a cd key perfect disks, shitty key thats in use!!! im dieing here!

RatoN
RatoN We're going to the Winchester
Dec 15 2005 Anchor

Yeah, Half-Life 2 and other such Valve games probably isn't too safe to purchase second hand.

I'm not certain on this, but there's a chance that if you have the cd key in your possession physically, you may be able to either take a picture of it or send it in to prove that you are the new owner. I don't know Valve's policy on that and you'd have to ask them first.

mrhatch wrote: use the devil's ways and use a piracy action; get a key generator, write the cd keys down that are shown on the preview images on ebay or the boxes in the stores. 8)

My original key was stolen by a key generator :|

cheeseyballz
Dec 15 2005 Anchor

aww thats horrible thats why id never use 1 thats stealing someone elses fun :l

Dragonlord
Dragonlord Linux-Dragon of quick wit and sharp tongue
Dec 15 2005 Anchor

so much for cd-keys... down with 'em ;)

cheeseyballz
Dec 15 2005 Anchor

yea i dislike them :/ how bothersome i want to play hl2 soo badly!

Dec 15 2005 This post has been deleted.
cheeseyballz
Dec 15 2005 Anchor

:( im so sad no one knows my pain. I want to map so badly! im practically dieing. When i saw the package get dropped on my doorstep i was so happy! then the tension builds up... then once i install im ready to play! then i try to regester to use half life 2 and i stared at the screen... blankly... then i yelled so fucking loud! RAHH then my heart sunk and i laid down on the floor and practiced photosynthesis

EDIT: Lesson learned... many ebayers arent honest and there goes some money down the pooper. Guess ill buy a whole new game

Edited by: cheeseyballz

Dec 15 2005 Anchor

I bought my copy of Half-Life 2 off of eBay for $12, and the cd key on there worked. You just have to make sure the guy you're buying from has a reputation rating of over like 10,000 or 20,000. That way, you can at least be sure that they're not the ones trying to screw you over.

Just send a complaint into eBay if the guy said that the cd key would work, and they'll set up a dispute notification so you might be able to get your green back.

--

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster."
- Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil, Aphorism 146

cheeseyballz
Dec 17 2005 Anchor

FUCK YEA! I GOT HL2 yea! the game of the year addition :D im a happy cheese puff

Reply to thread
click to sign in and post

Only registered members can share their thoughts. So come on! Join the community today (totally free - or sign in with your social account on the right) and join in the conversation.