Beta 9 Features
- New map csm_orbital by DontAsk4470, based on Nic2's original ex_orbital.
- Early draft of a new CSM VS IMP trench warfare map csm_trench. Mainly to see how the layout plays.
- Chaos defence map called ex_Compromised made by WhiteLightningTwister.
- Spacemarine Scout player model by Wikkyd, textured by ChromeAngel.
- New Missile Launcher model for the Chaos Havoc class. The Missile launcher was modelled by Clay_more. It will continue to work the same as the imperial version, the primary attack firing a wide area frag missile and the secondary attack launching a Krak missile that does more damage in a smaller area.
- New combi-bolter and powerfist combination weapon warhear for the Chaos Terminator class. Both weapon models were made by Clay_more.
- New hand flamer and powersword combo wargear for the Aspiring Champion class.
- New chaos Meltagun model by Clay_more.
- New chaos Heavy Bolter model by Clay_more.
- New chaos Flamer model by Clay_more and texture tweaks by Dontask4470.
- New chaos Bolt Pistol for the Specialist and Havoc.
- New chaos Plasma weapon effects by Dontask4470. Pistols and guns now have different effects. Need to check that kills show the correct icon.
- New chaos Plasmagun model by Clay_more.
- New aspiring champion plasma pistol combo, thanks to Clay_more for the chaos plasma pistol and powersword models.
- New sawbones narcathium, with voice acting from Bulwark, edited by DontAsk.
- Chaos Dreadnaught view model by Clay_More, textured and animated by ChromeAngel.
- New Chaos boltpistol and chainaxe models (first and third person) by Clay_more.
- New Chaos bolter (first and third person) models by Clay_more.
- New Choas knife (first and third person) models by Clay_more.
- New Earthshaker Cannon prop (IG artillery piece).
- New Basilisk prop (an Earthshaker mounted on a Chimera chassis for mobility) .
- New Ageis Defence line prop by Clay_more.
- New Container prop from Wikkyd, with imperial and chaos skins (not actually used in any maps yet).
- New arched wall light prop.
- New large, arched door, prop.
- New arch fence prop (inspired by recent 40k terrain kits) to fit in with existing fence props.
- New imperial cargo container prop to replace the HL2 "Northern Pertrolium" containers.
- New Chaos space marine kill taunts by Bulwark (AKA Greloc), edited by DontAsk4470.
- New imperial and chaos space marine battlecries by Bulwark, edited and scripted by Dontask4470.
- New Chaos bolter sound effects by DontAsk.
- New textures by DontAsk4470 as seen in csm_orbital.
- New textures by DontAsk4470 as seen in ex_lycantium.
- New textures for Militarium and Mechanicus themed doors.
- New map texture from Clay_More.
- Added custom kill icons for the Loyalist Dreadnaught's Powerfist attack.
- Added custom kill icons for the Chaos Plasma weapons.
- Added custom kill icons for the Chaos Dreadnaught's Chainfist attack.
- Added custom kill icons for the Aspiring Champion's Hand flamer.
- Added custom kill icons for the Chaos Terminator Combo.[/li
The basilisk has been sat in my props folder for an embarrassingly long time. My apologies to the contributor who made it, but I lost your name somewhere along the way. If you made the Basilisk and want to claim the credit please let me know, so I can properly acknowledge your contribution.
Zoran the Bear was good enough to do a review of the state of EX, while Beta 9 was under work including plenty of gameplay footage.
Bar Two One has made some tutorial videos about EX going beyond the in-game tutorial with more depth on weapon systems and movement.
- Enabled the use of custom skins.
- ex_lycantium has received and overhaul by DontAsk4470, making it a night map.
- Added normal, specular and exponent maps to the imperial generator prop.
- Removed ex_convoy from the install.
- DontAsk4470 has finished his detail pass of ex_forge and it looks wonderful.
- DontAsk4470 has Re-lit ex_forge and added new textures, details and reworked many of the decor of many rooms and hallways.
- Added normal, specular and exponent maps to the Chaos Missile Launcher and fixed smoothing issues with the model.
- Tweaked the details of how the Narcathium works as an offensive weapon.
- Tweaked the Chaos Dreadnaught player model.
- Added trophies to the CSM Terminator's rack. These should be randomized each spawn.
- Polish and detail pass for the CSM Terminator textures.
- Polish and detail pass the CSM Dreadnaught textures.
- Additional texture detail pass for the Raptor, Specialist, Aspiring Champion, Havoc, Chaos Terminator and Chaos Dreadnaught.
- Tweaked Powersword, Plasma Pistol and Plamagun materials.
- Tweaked a bunch of the old metal door textures.
- Enhanced Chaos Powersword, Plasma Pistol and Knife weapon skins by DontAsk.
- Tweaked the red-room objective on ichar_iv.
- Tweaked the kill notification code to show kill icons for the new chaos weapon variants.
- DontAsk4470 has added new details and lighting to ex_hive.
- Improvements to the chaos Regenade textures (better specular and normal maps).
- New chaos weapon entities to use the chaos weapon models (this may result in missing kill icons).
- The imperial crate prop has been replaced, with a new, hopefully better one.
- ex_ichar_IV has been updated to use the new container prop and the red-room objective has been
- Krak and Frag missiles now have different kill licons.
- Reverted to the old bolter impact sounds.
- Buffed Terminator resistance to bullets and bolts from 0.2 to 0.52.
- Nerfed Dreadnaught resistance to bullets and bolts from 0.55 to 0.159.
- Buffed Dreadnaught resistance to fire by applying it's general armour modifier after accounting for the general marine resistance to fire.
- Buffed Terminator resistance to bullets and bolts.
- Buffed Dreadnaught resistance to bullets and bolts.
- Nerfed knife damage from 55 to 52, so it takes as many knife hits to kill a marine as chainsword hits.
- Nerfed meltagun damage from 18 to 12.
- Buffed melta weapons so they do 20% of their maximum damage at maximum range.
- Nerfed melta weapons maximum damage by 20%.
- Buffed flamer damage from 30 to 35.
- Fixed the 3rd person chainsword appearing with white between it's teeth instead of transparency.
- Dreadnaughts should take damage from melta weapons.
- Different kill icons for Inferno Pistol and Powersword.
- The Inferno Pistol's Powersword now ignores armour.