The Source Shader Editor can be added to any Source mod which was built upon the 2007 SDK. Creating shaders is as simple as placing nodes on the flow graph and connecting them. The material system of Source is fully supported and many example shaders show how to utilize it.
- Compiles shaders as you work
- Preview on a sphere, on models or as a post processing effect
- Apply preview shaders to any brush or entity
- All shaders exposed for use in vmts
- Interact with shaders in various ways: custom vmt parameters, material proxies and client callbacks
- Support for vertexlighting, lightmaps and projected textures
- Shaders are visualized how they actually are
- Support for shader model 2.0b and 3.0
For a detailed documentation and the download, visit the Valve Developer Community.
You can download a clean mod based on the Source 2007 Template SDK code or install the editor in your own mod using the implementation files provided in the download archive.