The untimely death of Franklin Delano Roosevelt on December 1944 marked the beginning of a grim chapter in the history of mankind. As the Second World War drew a close, the specter of a third lit up the world in nuclear fire. Decades of low and high intensity warfare, popular revolts, and pandemics had left the world scarred and battered. Now, with signs of the chaos winding down, many nations, both old and young, can see signs of hope in the future. What does the New Millennium have in store for the world?
Victopia v. 0.02 - Early Alpha
- Now with images for all technologies.
- More localization.
- Some work done on GUI.
- Several new inventions added in.
- Some base events for some nations have been added.
Planned list of features:
- Play in a fractured and troubled world, where different groups and ideologies fight for local, regional, and global hegemony.
- Timeline covering the recent (alternate) past and the near future: 1980-2100.
- An economic engine that models modern-day economic conditions without being overly complex.
- The possibility of using all the tools of the State (diplomacy, subterfuge, war) to achieve global domination.
Work to do (as of version 0.02)
- A wood-based economy. That's normal; it'll take me a while to work out the economic engine of the game.
- Pops do not accurately reflect final numbers at all.
- Localization for mostly everything.
- Add all the inventions.
- Graphics and GUI still need plenty of work.
- Most countries are missing.
- For some reason, the game crashes when there is a war declaration. Still sorting that out.
To install, simply unpack the zip file into your Victoria II AHD mod folder. Enjoy!